We are looking for a Pre-Doc ECONOMIST specialised in international economics and with an interest in environmental issues.
The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw) is one of the principal centres for economic research on Central, East and Southeast Europe (CESEE) with more than 45 years of experience. We cover a wide variety of issues in International Economics, focusing on macroeconomic analysis and policy; labour, migration and income distribution; international trade, competitiveness and FDI; regional development; and sectoral studies. Our research projects are commissioned by Austrian and international clients, and emerge from applications to research funding agencies. We coordinate and are integrated in a large number of international research networks. For more details please visit our website wiiw.ac.at.
- Applied empirical research in the field of international economics
- Participation in the ‘Research Centre International Economics’ fiw.ac.at
- PhD studies with a related dissertation in international economics
- Possible participation in other similar projects at wiiw related to the dissertation
- MA in Economics (good university degree)
- Interest in applied economic research
- Good quantitative and econometric skills (use of MS Office, Stata and/or R)
- Knowledge of both conventional and heterodox economic analyses
- Excellent English and German (written and oral); knowledge of East European languages is an advantage
- Very good (proposal) writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility as well as ability to work in teams
The position is limited to one year in the first instance, but can be extended following a satisfactory probationary period.
Start: as soon as possible – ideally by April 2020
Monthly remuneration for the 30 weekly hours position will be € 2,162.40 gross, 14 times per year, following the standard personnel costs for FWF project proposals.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application (with cover letter, CV, list of publications, copies of certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org