Practitioner / consultant
Leads major projects and serves as a key customer-facing member of a BHI Analytic Consulting team. Contributes to the development and integration of Blue Health Intelligence (BHI) solutions with Plan and non-Plan stakeholders to solve business problems and increase adoption of BHI driven solutions. This position is responsible for delivering actionable value of BHI across the Blues system.
- Provide overall project management, data management, data analytics and critical problem solving throughout the lifecycle of consulting engagements.
- Provides management and oversight of specific projects across all functional areas.
- Lead/key consultant with external client.
- Provides advice and consultation to external clients on analytic questions, issues to be addressed and reasonable timeframes for all project components.
- Manages ad hoc client requests and provides clients with feedback on feasibility and timelines.
- Develops and manages overall project plan, working with project managers.
- Oversees business analyst in development of business requirements and project scope documents.
- Directs business analyst in updating project plans, change of scope or out of scope, risk logs, etc.
- Provide coordination for overall project and identifies synergies, duplication of efforts or overlap, and any project gaps.
- Works with consultants to develop analytic approach and methods.
- With team input, prepares overall client deliverables:
- Summary of key findings
- Develops PowerPoint presentation if needed which “tells the story” to the client
- Work with Plan analytic staff to promote use and value derived from BHI data.
- Contribute to BHI Product Development analytics, work with and guide product managers and development teams on use of BHI data and analytic groupers.
- Advise and support the appropriate use of BHI information for business needs (internal/ external).
- Participate in the research and product development process.
- Support account management/sales in business development and sales meetings to articulate BHI analytic capabilities and shape scope of prospective engagements
- Support analytic needs for sales and marketing.
- 10+ years’ experience with large health care informatics.
- 5+ years in customer facing role with health industry partners such as employers, health Plans, providers and other health care companies.
- Strong client facing skills including presentations to senior leadership, advice and consult with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, integrate and deliver informatics and business intelligence projects.
- Understanding issues related to data analysis in healthcare payer industry.
- Strong planning, coordination, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to derive insight and infer business implications from data.
- Familiarity with fundamental financial, performance, and quality measures used in health care payer industry.
- Familiarity with analytic programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R or Python preferred
- Familiarity with statistics and advanced methods such as AI/Machine Learning preferred
- Ability to provide guidance to stakeholders in understanding business value of the initiative.
- Ability to interface with customers and other stakeholders with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete project, with demonstrated commitment to meeting deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and self-manage.