Executive / senior industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Principal Project Manager is the lead on client projects of that are large, complex and of strategic importance to the business. The Principal Project Manager will perform timeline management, drive project actions and deliverables, and lead the team to solve challenges that affect the project scope, timeline and / or budget while meeting the overall project or business goal(s). Communicates and coordinates with the Client and internal stakeholders. The Principal Project Manager has an in depth understanding of the processes and systems to manage the project, with a solid understanding of the technical aspects of a project and awareness of WuXi’s business objectives.
- Leads large projects, as well as, projects that are core to WuXi’s business objectives
- Participates in the development of proposals for projects, including direct contact with sales, as well as participation in meetings with the client to present experience and capabilities in client site visits and scientific / technical meetings
- Leads the transition of a client from the Project Team to the Commercial Team at the appropriate time
- Facilitates the team calls both internally and with the client. This includes documenting action items and decisions and any associated follow up
- Establishes and leads Joint Steering Committee, as applicable
- Generates and manages a project timeline
- Coordinates with Supply Chain for manufacturing operations, to ensure appropriate scheduling within the manufacturing facilities and appropriate materials and components availability
- Develops and coordinates project staffing requirements with internal departments to ensure project milestones are met
- Identifies and generates changes in scope, including new work orders and work order amendments, to be issued to the client
- Facilitates documentation between departments as well as to and from clients.
- Works with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Log-In to facilitate shipment and receipt of client supplied materials and samples, whether incoming or outgoing.
- Solves complex business problems, by navigating the structure, processes and systems at WuXi AppTec
- Drives the team to solve complex technical challenges, by navigating the structure, processes and systems at WuXi AppTec
- Utilizes business and technical knowledge to identity additional services WuXi can provide to clients and partners with Sales to close the deal
- Understands and enforces contract and quality agreement terms, including leading negotiations to resolve business conflicts within the limits of the contracts
- Understands WuXi’s business goals and provides guidance within the project team to maintain alignment with those goals
- Contributes to strategic planning, business planning and development of management processes
- Works within WuXi AppTec’s financial system(s) to invoice, manage the financial status of the project, including the forecasts
- Identifies issues or challenges which may delay projects and makes recommendations and drives solutions to mitigate risks, align with strategies and ensure project progress
- Works in a team environment and independently as required.
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends.
- Contributes to the overall operations and is a leader within the department for the achievement of departmental and site goals
- Identifies areas for improvement and drives the solutions to those areas in the spirit of continuous improvement, for the department and the site
- Mentors other team members
- Provides input into team member annual reviews, both within the department as well as core team members
- Performs job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs) and general office equipment (i.e. photocopier, fax machine and phone equipment)
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation
- Ability to interpret written instructions and to write form letters and routine correspondence
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly
- Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions
- Ability to receive, comprehend, and effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary physical work, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally to lift objects and/or a negligible amount of weight frequently or constantly, performing such activities as stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting and fingering.
- Clarity of vision at less than 20 feet and the ability to judge distance and space relationships, so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability