A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The principal statistical analyst with expertise in statistics and high technical expertise in modelling and programming provides advice and support to project teams for one or more routine complexity global projects to optimize probability of success of new products. You will act as the subject matter expert to provide expert statistical programming advice / guidance (mentoring, coaching/training) to project teams and / or other functions as needed.
You will be able to
- Apply Bayesian Methods in modelling and simulation.
- Perform independently the conversion of complex statistical models into programming code and use of state-of-the-art modelling techniques to provide direction and best solutions for different projects simultaneously.
- Assess current available data in light of available literature
- Interface between programming and statistic to support the team in performing complex statistical analyses
- Quickly and effectively integrate into different project teams as needed.
- Dealing different small to midsize projects simultaneously and result driven.
- Drive successful quality, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of tasks.
- Participate in departmental standardization efforts and provide support towards statistical research.
Who you are:
- You have a Masters’ or Doctoral degree, or PhD in a Data Sciences discipline, preferably Statistics, Informatics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- 6+ years in Drug Development related environment or equivalent in the academic setting, or in CROs, or in the Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology Industry
- Efficient programming code using various statistical programming language (R, Python,...SAS)
- Highly autonomous and efficient in processing the complex problems (typically through simulations and modelling)
- Ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner, and to communicate technical areas clearly to non-technical audiences
- Aptitude to work effectively in internal and external teams; within a matrix organization and with multi-disciplinary groups
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- Good understanding of CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.