Mid-level industry position
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
The Global Procurement Business Process Manager will report under Supplier Development Engineering and will partner closely with the Procurement Center of Excellence. The role shall lead the transformation of Global Procurement’s end-to-end business processes (Supplier Development Engineering-Direct-Indirect-NPD-ECM) and ensure alignment with Baxter’s overall Global Supply Chain end-to-end value stream. This role is critical to providing a solid foundation to the Global Procurement organization at Baxter.
The Global Procurement Business Process Manager shall define a consistent framework and methodologies to create, deploy and maintain Global Procurement’s end to end processes.
Critical items include, but not limited to:
Supplier Relationship Management tools, such as: supplier registration, supplier performance scorecards, document control systems, etc. Supplier requirements manual for Baxter’s global supply based. Supplier Development Engineering processes, such as: APQP / PPAP deliverables, assessment forms, etc. Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) process, such as: initiation, governance reporting, etc. Developing framework for key processes, such as: key process steps, roles and responsibilities, standard operating procedures / standard templates, metrics / KPIs, governance / operating mechanisms, technology, training / eevelopment, etc.
Reporting to the Director of Supplier Development/Diversity and Sustainability, this highly visible role will also focus on strategic initiatives as Baxter continues to transform the organization globally by driving our core values of speed, simplicity, courage, and collaboration. If you’re ready to make an impact within a fast paced, dynamic global environment, then this could be the perfect role for you!
- Lead the effort in business process development within Global Procurement.
- Assist procurement Senior Leadership Team (Direct- Indirect-ECM) in process optimization.strategies and selection/prioritization of projects that will deliver significant business impact.
- Apply business process modeling methodologies to facilitate communications with stakeholders and elicit the information necessary to document end-to-end business processes.
- Perform detail analysis and develop business process models (As Is – current state / To Be – future state).
- Lead/conduct continuous improvement projects Business Process Re-engineering/Improvement (BPR/BPI) methods and tools.
- Interface with IT to ensure that technology system enhancements and projects meet business needs. Develop a range of high-quality deliverables such as business cases,
- Lead the effort to implement supplier’s relationship management (SRM).
- Development of suppliers’ scorecard for Global Supply Chain with emphasis on Quality- Delivery-Cost and Sustainability - - leveraging technology to streamline execution and reporting.
- Lead the development of control documents system within global procurement.
- Provide oversight to Global Supplier Notifications of Change (SNC) process.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining procedures required; including
- Demonstrated analytical and fact-based approach to problem-solving: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred; experience running Kaizen event a plus
- System level thinker; continuous improvement mind set; ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects required; project management certification (PMI), a plus
- Strong change management capabilities; experience developing, delivering and maintaining employee training, etc.
- Experience with APQP / PPAP strongly preferred
- Strong analytic background with interest in utilizing advanced data analysis techniques
- Proven ability to simplify the complex
- Excellent presentation skills with solid verbal and written communication abilities
- Driven, self-motivated, self-starter
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.