Practitioner / consultant
Platforms include post-trade securities and corporate actions processing solutions providing single platform trade flow management and custody and investment accounting solution across business lines and geographies. Also, providing end-to-end automation of corporate actions and income processing, from announcement capture and validation, to complete downstream processing. Other supporting solutions include web-based self-service window that enables front-office, middle-office and end-customer users to seamlessly interact with their post-trade environment.A self-service business analytics application sitting on top of these, that enables operations to seamlessly interact with data.From the reference data side, there is Managed Corporate Actions service which is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements for nearly three million equities, fixed income, and structured finance securities across global markets. MCA services customers as a single source that streamlines operations for the collection, validation and dissemination of corporate actions. It also provides unlimited access to corporate action data and allows customers to view full details in real time, including event-level data, dates, options, terms and conditions and restrictions.
The Business Analyst role is one of the most important roles in any client implementation. In the initial phase of an implementation (BPM), they work with various stakeholders involved in the project, to define the target state operational process, based on which they then design and implement the most optimal product configuration for the client. They also assist in finalizing scope, identifying gaps, defining client requirements as well as assisting the client in definition of their test suites & acceptance criteria.
What You'll Do
- Actively contribute in client engagements for business process mapping and requirement workshops.
- Work with the client to define the most optimal future state operational process and related product configuration.
- Manage scope by providing innovative solutions and challenging all new client requirements and change requests but simultaneously ensuring that client gets the required business value.
- Assists in creating documents for all the Business process mapping deliverables – Models, Output report, Processes and Configuration set.
- Elaborate and deliver clearly defined requirement documents without subsequent change requests.
- Work closely with product design & development team to analyse and design functional enhancements.
- Provide onsite product consultancy and assist the client with acceptance criteria gathering and support throughout the project life-cycle
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement or user training.
- Functions as a liaison to Business and IT internally and externally in order to communicate a clear understanding of the business requirements and solution.
- Mapping & documentation of client business processes against IM products - gathering the ‘as is’ operational information & creating the ‘to be’ business processes.
- Ability to build & maintain strong relationships with all internal & external client stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit requirements, identify solutions & complete requirement documentation.
- Ability to define intelligent solutions and clearly manage client expectations
- Ability to take ownership of a client from initiation to go live, through business process mapping, requirements analysis, UAT, go live support.
- Understands the underlying business, implementation & product usage of assigned client/s.
- Delivery focused with good time management and personal organisational skills.
- Shares business knowledge with all members of the implementation team, and the wider organization when required.
- Provides assistance and business expertise to the Support Team and the QA Team in verifying client reported issues and internally raised issues.
- Travel will be required.
Education and experience
- Holds at least a bachelor’s degree (B.E / MCA / Degree in Finance/ MBA etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Comprehensive Knowledge and understanding of Corporate Actions preferably gained through working in an operational or professional services role
- Experience of industry standard interfaces (e.g. SWIFT)
- Understanding and experience of the agile software development process and overall project life cycle
- Experience in customer facing role
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Years of Experience - 8-12 years
Location - Gurgaon
Shift Timings - 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / 12 noon – 9 pm
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.