Mid-level industry position, phd candidate
We are searching for a driven Product Manager who will own the relationship between the local teams and the Product Management team based in US as well as IVD and OEM CE Consumables. This role will be instrumental in driving business to achieve revenue, margin and customer satisfaction objectives as well as the roadmap for Capillary Electrophoresis business. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for product revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives by creating and executing a global marketing strategy and drives product development. The Product Manager is a glue that binds many functions that touch the product and the customer: R&D, design, customer service, sales, marketing, operations, finance and legal.Reporting to the Director, Product Management, this role drives innovative customer solutions, provides market leadership in the development of innovative products and ensures commercial success.
The Product manager proactively drives the business and manages the product life cycle and should manage to:
- Develop multi-year product capabilities strategies and guide fiscal planning for future growth, positioning, and evolution of products in charge
- Develop and execute on OEM agreements, manage products that are offered as part of an OEM as well as products that are in-licensed
- Engage with customers from around the globe to gain a deep understanding of customer needs then translate those needs to clear product requirements
- Serve as a key liaison between Product Management Team and internal functions responsible for developing, delivering and supporting our products including R&D, Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Finance, and Legal
- Perform market research, identify market trends, define customer needs and understand the customer journey to inform product line and go-to-market strategy
- Develop effective pricing strategies that can be also applied to a highly variable custom business to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
- Work cross-functionally to ensure revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and growth goals are achieved. The Product Manager owns the financial success and customer satisfaction for custom products.
- Contribute to financial planning and budgeting for future positioning, growth, and evolution of the product portfolio.
- Train commercial teams on our products and offerings as needed
- Work collaboratively with R&D, program management, operations, business development, market development and other key functional stakeholders across the organization
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- MBA or Ph.D. highly preferred
- Knowledge about IVD regulations highly preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role or product development role in marketing led organizations developing and launching new products; experience in biotech or clinical diagnostics fields are preferred.
- Strong business acumen and data analysis skills. Experience with financial modeling. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast, make go/no go decisions, and track results.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Experienced in implementing different pricing strategies, including value-based pricing
- Effective project and time management skills
- Requires an in-depth understanding of life science reagents product management and marketing.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends, and competitors
- Solid communication skills. Must be fluent in both Lithuanian and English.
- The flexibility of evening schedule at least one day a week to take phone calls with US colleagues
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).