Hewlett Packard Enterprise Careers Santa Clara, California
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
|No shift premium (United States of America)|
This position is designated as part of the HPE Career Reboot Program. To be eligible for the position, you must meet the program requirements;
HPE Career Reboot
Career Reboot is designed to help talented individuals transition back to work after taking time away to raise children, care for a loved one, or follow other pursuits. Here’s how it works:
If you have 5 or more years of experience and were away from the workforce for a minimum of 12 months, you are eligible for:
•A temporary assignment lasting up to 16 weeks.
•Online training to refresh your technical knowledge and skills.
•Mentorship, buddy programs, and other networking support.
•The opportunity to apply for full-time employment at the end of your assignment.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.Our Engineering Ops team is looking for a dynamic leader who can manage a team of Program Managers, responsible for running the New Product Initiatives for Aruba WLAN and SW products.
Provides support and/or lead teams through the Engineering development process and implementation of company’s products. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort. Manage activities, resource capability, schedules, budgets, and ensure cross company communications to facilitate product completion on schedule within budget. Work with engineering management to identify and improve process and program efficiencies. Work can involve external parties such as standards bodies, partners, etc.
- Manages and leads key cross-business programs to drive the engineering development and implementation process for organization-wide initiatives, transformations, and critical products and services.
- Works closely with Product Line Management and helps coordinate product operations
- Develops strategy and business roadmaps for business processes and key programs across the multiple Global Business Units and the company at large.
- Communicates strategy and business roadmaps to the executive levels of staff, industry partners and customers; leverages recognized technical and business expertise to influence, guide, and shape business strategy and decision-making at the highest organizational levels.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for program management across multiple platforms, organizations, and Global Business Units.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced partner relationships for alignment with strategy roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into program management architecture.
- Provides consultation, review, and feedback for program management across multiple organizations and architectures.
- Leads, guides and mentors less-experienced staff members to set an example of program management innovation and excellence.
- Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
Education and Experience Required:
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Integrating program management technologies, solutions, and practices into overall business architecture.
- Demonstrated strategic business acumen, innovation, and success, with multiple examples of managing cross- business unit and organization-wide programs.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of electronic hardware, materials, and component design and manufacture for products and solutions preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program management architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at the most senior organizational levels.
- Prior experience of working in Product Line Management roles preferred.
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.
Julien BertinAfrica & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.
Chris RasberryFinance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.
Kristine SteeterAMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Explore insights and resources to help IT pros shape the future of business.
Experience a day in the life of Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees.
in Santa Clara
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."
Follow HPE Careers
Standards of business conduct (SBC)
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations to Hewlett Packard Enterprise. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO right as an applicant under the law, please click here: