Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
McLaren Special Operations (MSO) is a dedicated division of McLaren Automotive with a mission to make our clients’ McLarens truly special. Our hand-picked team has some of the longest-serving members of staff anywhere at McLaren, all of them united by one simple thing: a passion for perfection. For example, we have produced more than 200 special colour variations in the past two years alone. MSO was created in 2011, but its origins can be traced back to the launch of the McLaren F1 in 1992.
Track 25 and McLaren Automotive’ s growing reputation is testament to our world class employees. To ensure McLaren Automotive and MSO continue to be at the forefront of the Automotive market, we are looking for a Product Specialist to join the MSO Marketing team.
Purpose of the role:
As MSO Product Specialist, you will support the MSO Product Manager in the design, development, launch and performance management of the MSO Defined and MSO Bespoke product portfolio to meet specific commercial and strategic targets.
- Support MSO Defined and MSO Bespoke product portfolio across a range of Sport, Super and Ultimate product lines - from analysis for strategic planning to tactical activities
- Product spec definition and new product concept development based on market data and primary research sources
- Provide the link between Engineering, Operations and Sales and Marketing functions. As Product Specialist you will support the Head of MSO Sales and Marketing in key project gateways as part of McLaren Development Process, representing the ‘voice of the customer’ as the product transitions from concept to launch
- In preparation for product launch you will be responsible for supporting the MSO Product Manager in identifying and coordinating the technical product detail. Working with colleagues from central Marketing and PR you will contribute to positioning documents and the design of dealer training programme, as well as fulfilling the role of ‘product expert’ in the preparation of ‘product correct’ marketing materials
- Support at marketing events as an MSO Product expert
- Monitor and manage positioning and pricing of MSO Defined optional content, to maximise volume and revenue, review competitor actions and customer feedback
- Prepare data and information to help address individual market requirements, suggesting proposed changes/improvements to the product to improve performance
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience in Automotive Sales and Marketing specifically in product management, and ideally spanning the entire lifecycle
- A sound knowledge of market trends and analysis methodology covering premium automotive segments
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of sales data analysis and customer target methodology
- Understanding and experience of product pricing, value indexing and options analysis
- PC literate – highly competent in Excel (able to construct and manage complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint (able to independently produce powerful presentations)
- Language – fluent in English, an additional language is an advantage
- Passion for automotive
- Ability to develop extensive in-depth product knowledge
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly numerate and analytical, but able to view the big picture and broader market dynamics
- Excellent communication and collaborative working skills
- Understanding that clear presentation is key to delivering convincing arguments to management
- Highly self motivated and able to work autonomously
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom