Junior industry position
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility. With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to hourly employees and ensure safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and employee engagement. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet or exceed business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Job located in Warrensburg, Missouri.
· Provide leadership and direction to hourly employees including performance appraisal, training, coach/counsel
· Ensure compliance to all safety, government, and customer policies, procedures, rules and regulations where applicable.
· Facilitate a safe working environment for hourly workforce by establishing safety as the number one priority
· Ensure compliance to APSYS and ISO Quality Systems
· Be responsible for the quality, timeliness and productivity of manufacturing shop floor.
· Drive the shop floor to meet / exceed all key manufacturing metrics. Ensure communication of key business/ customer issues to employees.
· Drive LEAN / Variable Cost Productivity activities
· Coordinate across functions and the organization as necessary to resolve issues, drive improvement and ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
· Identify, justify and implement processes and technologies that support lean and productivity improvements
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a team leadership or supervisory role
· Self-directed, highly detail oriented, organized and flexible
· Systems thinking aptitude – ability to determine the impact of actions on business
· Effective interpersonal skills
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Alstom offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Alstom recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee. Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Make the switch to a new track and join Alstom today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact Alstom’s Recruiting Department at firstname.lastname@example.org (please use“Accommodation Request” as the subject line).
Job Segment: Manager, Project Manager, Management, Technology