Research assistant / technician
No. of Direct Reports: None
Position Summary: To assemble & test electrical and mechanical instruments to specification in line with production schedules. Assist production supervisor with supporting processes and take the lead in fault finding and issue resolution.
- Assemble & test main build machines – 60%
- Assist with supporting processes (Project work, lean activities, EHS, training) – 30%
- Fault finding/ root cause issue resolution – 10%
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Complete production and quality documentation
- Problem solve/ fault find instruments and processes
- Assist supervisor team with additional production processes –
- Project work
- Maintain and improve a “safety first” culture
- Work with Production engineers on product transfer projects and new product introductions into the site in a timely manner to maximise revenue
- Assist the Supervisors drive cost saving, lean and PPI initiatives relating to manufacturing
- Work with supporting functions on long term projects
- Audit cells and provide feedback to supervisors
- Responsible for final check and release of production instruments
- Good level of numeracy
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent Fault finding/ problem solving
- Working to regulatory standards and SOPs essential
- Quality back ground and/ or knowledge of Medical Device regulations
Hours of work
8.00 am – 1.00pm Fri 7.00 am – 12.00pm Fri
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).