Faculty / professor
Bayernallee 11, 52066 Aachen
The Faculty of Business Studies at the FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences, at the Aachen location, invites applications for the following professorship, at the earliest date possible
Professorship "Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Finanzierung und Management Accounting"
(Reference No. P-07-568 )
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Representing the subject area and assuming teaching duties in the German- and English-speaking degree programmes of the faculty, in core studies and specialisation studies
- Assuming teaching duties in fundamentals courses in the field of business mathematics in German and English
- Further development of the subject area in teaching, research and practice
- Team-oriented collaborative work in the area of the development and design of existing and new degree programmes, especially in the new English- speaking degree programme Global Business and Economics
- Team-oriented collaborative work in the area of setting up, expanding and maintaining international and national cooperations with business enterprises and universities
- Team-oriented collaborative work in the area of academic self-government
Requirements and Qualifications
- A relevant academic degree as well as a qualified doctorate, related to the specific field
- Several years of practical experience in the fields of management accounting and finance in an internationally active business enterprise
- Practical experience and/or a university education in English-speaking countries abroad desirable
- Practical experience in the application of quantitative methods and subject- specific software
- Enjoyment of teaching in English and German
- Very good proficiency in the English and German language, in speech and writing, knowledge of other foreign languages desirable
- Experience in the planning and implementation of projects and research work desirable
- Fulfillment of the requirements set by Section 36 Hochschulgesetz NRW (Higher Education Act of the State of North Rhine Westphalia)
We offer you
- the opportunity to further develop your subject area at a research-intensive university of applied sciences
- a European attitude towards life, in work and life, due to being situated in the tri-border region of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands
- a pleasant working atmosphere
- certified family friendliness
- a permanent fulltime professorship
- the opportunity to fill the position on a part-time basis, employed under private law
- a salary as per W2 LBesO NRW
Contact: Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Philipp Schmitz, Tel. 0049 241 6009 51968
Are you interested?
If so, we're looking forward to your application by 22 September, 2017 via our Online Application Portal on our website www.fh-aachen.de (link: fhac.de/stellen).
Applications from qualified people with disabilities are encouraged. The FH Aachen aims to increase the number of women in teaching and research, and therefore specifically encourages applications from women.