Hiring restraint in effect
The University of Calgary has implemented a hiring restraint. As a result, job opportunities are currently limited. All available opportunities with UCalgary are posted here on our careers website.
Job ID: 20838
The Haskayne School of Business is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Program Administrator, Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA).
This position will report to the Director of Doctoral Programs and will work closely with the Graduate Specialists for the doctoral programs. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide range of logistical and administrative duties in support of the Director, Graduate Specialists (Doctoral Programs), and other members of the team. The incumbent plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of the DBA program student experience and student satisfaction by providing information and support to students. The Program Administrator will also support the Director in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in the Program.
Due to the scheduling of program activities (Friday / Saturday / Sunday course weekends, information sessions), overtime during evenings and weekends may be required.
- Provides administrative support to Director and other core team members, including scheduling team and other meetings with internal / external stakeholders
- Completes administrative requirements to admit, enroll and convocate students
- Supports Director in administering contracts and invoices associated with the Program, including faculty contracts and delivery partner contracts
- Creates and maintains continuous improvement plan for the Program, supports Director in tracking performance against plan and uses creativity and innovation to ensure success in meeting the unit's targeted goals and objectives
- Assists with the maintenance of key information sources, including PeopleSoft, D2L, Maximizer and SharePoint, and manages Program records in compliance with University of Calgary policies
- Documents, maintains and monitors Program policies and procedures, under the direction of the Director
- Maintains office equipment and supplies as appropriate
¿ STUDENT ADVISING
- Provides accurate and timely information and guidance to students on all aspects of student experience from admission to graduation
- Responds to student requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner via email, phone and in-person
- Briefs Director on student needs and implications for policy, student services and operations
- Adheres to FOIP and other relevant regulations in student interactions and as they apply to student and University records
RECRUITMENT, ADMISSIONS & PROGRAM DELIVERY
- Maintains a database of prospective student inquiries and communications for the purposes of cultivating applicants and assists a Graduate Program Specialist with regular communications with prospective students when needed
- Keeps track of DBA applications and prepares files for the DBA Advisory Committee's review
- Prepares and sends admission, rejection and waitlist letters for applicants
- Navigates and manages effective working relationships with faculty members throughout the cohort cycle
- Assists in procuring and managing course materials (e.g., text books, case studies) required to deliver the Program, as needed
- Supports faculty in administering, collating and capturing marks associated with Program assessments, as needed
- Assists in planning and managing effective delivery of the logistics for academic and information sessions
- Ensures that the classroom environment supports an effective learning experience by proactively managing the physical, IT and audio-visual resources
- Ensures that the quality of catering and other services effectively reinforce a high quality student experience
- Assists the Learning and Development Facilitator with various projects as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Relevant post-secondary education (such as a diploma or an undergraduate degree) and a minimum of 3 years related experience within a post-secondary educational institution required
- Knowledge of university culture, processes, and procedures
- Proven customer service orientation required
- Ability to effectively and reputably manage relationships, communicate and productively interface with faculty members and support staff is essential
- Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as effective decision making and problem solving ability required
- Very strong communication skills, as well as client relationship management, leadership, and negotiation skills required
- Highly-developed organizational and time management skills are required
- Ability to deal effectively with complex, often-evolving sets of priorities, using judgment and initiative to resolve issued, is an asset
- Ability to navigate within a large organizational structure to ensure that students enjoy a seamless educational experience is required
- Passion for identifying and implementing workflow efficiencies is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player is essential
- A positive and professional demeanor is essential
- A collaborative mindset is essential
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Working knowledge of online collaboration tools is required
- Comfort dealing with both new challenges, and ambiguity, considered an asset
Application Deadline: July 14, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Operational/Administrative Job Family, Phase 2.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website. For more information about the Haskayne School of Business, visit Careers in the Haskayne School of Business.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.