Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Assistant to support the Global Health Programs located within the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
Provides administrative project oversight of a narrower scope under the direction of a supervisor. Coordinates budget and accounting, space management, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing. Completes more routine tasks independently and relies on guidance from higher Program Manager (PM) levels for more complex tasks. This is the entry level position for the program management track. It is characterized by introduction to developing and managing budgets, proposal development, and other related administrative duties.
- Under supervision, ensures the terms and conditions of the award / funding vehicle are adhered. Assists in ensuring all required reports are completed and submitted on time.
- Monitors study performance, analyses, and reviews results, and oversees development and implementation of new protocols.
- Coordinates the processing and analysis of data and conduct of experimental tests procedures.
- Communicates with internal staff and external customers. Negotiates with vendors and obtains quotes for equipment.
- Provides administrative support under the direction of a supervisor such as hiring, purchasing, and tracking progress.
- Assists in overseeing and managing collection, maintenance, analysis, and evaluation of data used in grant submissions, presentations, and publications.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently, use sound judgement in solving problems, and coordinate many complex systems and programs simultaneously. Knowledge of project management principles, and good communications skills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 0-2 years of relevant work-related experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assigned Lead: May recommend the following: employee hiring, disciplinary action, and starting salaries; provide input on employee performance evaluations.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.