Employment Opportunity #088-19.20
The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Program Officer with the College of Extended Learning. This is a 6-month term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the PTSU employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $37,304 - $46,631 per annum.
The Program Officer position reports directly to the Director, Credit Programming and Learner Support and works closely with the unit, UNB staff & faculty, students and external clients in the administration of online and non-traditional programs. The role plays an essential outreach function to both internal and external stakeholders and partners.
**Interviews will be conducted in both English and French**
- Develops and maintains database and spreadsheet records for programs and support services.
- Uses internal software (Colleague, Entrinsik, Eservices and Footprints) regularly to enter, edit and monitor program and financial information, registration data, and student tracking.
- Periodically monitors accounts and identifies discrepancies to the director.
- Compiles and collates information related to course registration data, contracts, cancellations/expenses.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of communications to various units, instructors and partners based on course and program administration protocols with guidance from the Director as needed.
- Participates in Unit planning and contributes to process development and system changes particularly in the areas of course administration and instructor contracts.
- Responds to general inquiries associated with courses and programs offered through the Unit, particularly those related to programs under this positions.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director and various unit programs.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and contact, tracks activities throughout programs.
- Assists in the production of research, reports, instructional and other academic program materials.
- Produces regular reports and comparative analyses on course/program registrations, trends and history.
- Minimum of two-year diploma from a Community College in a related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. A university degree is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in both official languages is required (English & French).
- 2-3 years of related experience with a proven track record in excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills; as well as exercising judgement, initiative and problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting a wide range of situations with discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated expertise with database management and report writing.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Aptitude to learn new systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working in a team setting.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, diverse, entrepreneurial client-oriented setting.
- Familiarity with university working environment is considered an asset.
Closing date for applications, September 12, 2019 at 4:30 PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.