Mid-level industry position
Share this Job Title: Project Manager
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Project Manager-Network Cable to join our team in Catawba, NC.
Under limited supervision, responsible for managing multiple projects consisting of departmental and/or cross-functional teams involved in the delivery of key project implementation / roll outs at global locations, specifically related to global operations initiatives related to the business unit assigned. Assigned projects will typically consist of significant and business critical new plant / process / product implementation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manages and coordinates the activities of a defined project and project team personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Confers with project staff to outline/negotiate work plan, assign duties/responsibilities, determine schedules and define scope of authority. Provides functional and technical guidance to project personnel. Resolves routine and non-routine problems as they arise. Leads project progress analysis, surveys and walkthroughs.
- Acts as primary interface with internal and external customers / suppliers to ensure program scopes remain within budget, quality and schedule agreements. Involves cross-functional communications between internal and external customers / suppliers, engineers, operations personnel and plant / process owners. Provide technical assistance with complex to routine internal and external customer / supplier issues.
- Reviews project proposal/plan to determine time frame, budget, procedures for accomplishing projects, technical requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects
- Participates proactively in any make/buy decision that may arise for a project, with a requirement to get decisions within a reasonable timeframe.
- Prepares documents, justification and analyses require for CAR submission, with full system follow through to production.
- Reviews/analyzes status reports prepared by project team personnel and modify schedules and/or plans as required. Monitors financial activities, which may impact delivery schedules.
- Prepares technical and financial reviews of assigned projects and presents information to management, clients and project team personnel as required.
- Manages key project timing and cost milestones per approved project plans. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Business Administration, or related field is required plus experience in fiber termination operations, production management, planning, and/or quality roles required.
- 2+ years project management experience required. Prefer 2-5 years.
- Hands-on, practical experience in root cause analysis in product defect and process yield issues required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and organize cross-functional teams required.
- Strong analytical, interpretative and problem-solving capabilities required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Occasional International travel may be required.
- Experience in business unit assigned is desired.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.