Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
Date: Jun 15, 2020
Company: Boston Scientific
Location:This role can be based in any Boston Scientific EU hubs (Paris, London, Dusseldorf, Madrid, Milan, Warsaw, Kerkrade)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
The purpose of this role is to provide strong leadership to a successful sales and marketing organization to meet business objectives and in conformance with EMEA Regional Business Strategy. Demonstrates proven capability to manage multiple project teams to complete project milestones and Drive Value Improvement efforts in the EMEA Business. Project size will range from small one-off activities to large program activities. Works with core teams and senior steering committees to resolve technical, logistical, resource and team interaction problems. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Work is planned and performed with minimal general instructions as to the objectives expected.
BSC EMEA requires a business partner Project Manager. As part of the BSC Global Strategy, we plan to continue business transformation, ambitious growth and acquisition plans, and as a result we need to ensure the activities of project, integration and change management are fully supported and optimised within the business.Routinely there may also be a requirement to lead / support other EMEA PMO efforts.
- Business partnership and project management of large complex programs. Typical multi-year and require large change management efforts.
- Business case development and evolution
- Taking a program from concept through our gate process into preliminary and detailed planning, execution and final sustaining, operational and continuous improvement phase before handing back to the business owners.
- Lead integration planning and post-acquisition integration efforts ensuring smooth phase in of newly acquired company.
- Provide coordination support to the various team members relating to operational and commercial aspects of the integration and business planning process
- Assistance relating to any due diligence for future acquisitions.
- Drive Project and actionable items across a range of functions and divisions; work with all functional areas including establishing baseline processes and procedures through administrative functions.
- The role will involve establishing operational frameworks, governance, processes, templates, playbooks etc to embed a best in class PMO capability and competence across the organization.
- Communicate project priorities, monitor and escalation of unresolved issues
- Understanding the network and stakeholders. Develop meaningful relationships, making the connections to drive the program successfully.
- Provide regular update reports to management as required;
- Coordinate relevant resources for delivery of change and / or integration and business planning requirements, and highlight issues and red areas.
- Assist relevant functions to align new company with any pre-defined market, marketing and operational / IT/financial/other strategies, as well as internal corporate links. Identify areas for linking in new company to available market facilities, where applicable.
- Identify the resources required for assigned project activities and form teams as required to complete the activities.
- Identify and coordinate all activities required to complete the project or task through the team.
- Ensure timely project completion ensuring current policies and practices are followed and keeping accurate documentation.
- Ensuring voice of customer inputs right through the program cycle.
- Driving all project management disciplines, scopes, charters, roadmaps, workplans etc.
- Problem solving as needed.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7-9 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Complex Project and Program Management experience of at least 5 years (Preferred med device)
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and lead others in project and program management arena
- Strong understanding of Change Management practises with excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Management of a portfolio of programs / products at a strategic level
- Strong experience interacting with internal (Marketing / Sales) and external end customers
- Engineering background and experience in medical devices industry
- Experience with communication and influencing at the highest levels of management across a cross-functional and global organization.
- Experience in a commercial environment would be beneficial
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.