Mid-level industry position
Our Project Management practice group is currently seeking an IT Sr Project Manager who has strong experience in IT Applications product team management to support one of our global Healthcare devices/Life Science clients, based out of Carlsbad, CA
This Sr. Project Manager is a solution-oriented leader that can apply program management techniques and experience to lead global, cross-functional teams including business units, IT, operations, finance and PMO to the successful delivery data Engineering solutions that improve the customer experience and business operations. The Senior Program Manager will be adept at building and maintaining relationships; is highly analytical, customer obsessed, adaptable, and enjoys bringing structure and discipline to ambiguous spaces to realize measurable value for the business. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs and balance short & long-term business needs against constraints.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with cross-functional teams – Business Units, Business Intelligence, Cloud/AWS, Data Engineering teams across geographies with conflicting needs/priorities to launch multiple products, from concept to launch.
- Leverage lean thinking in building processes and metrics, growing agile practices across the organization to support end-to-end product delivery.
- Communicate product risks, progress, launches and retrospective across all stakeholder teams – consistently and transparently.
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a high bar in product/project execution using objective metrics.
- Establish business priorities, identifying and communicating product progress, risks and mitigation plans, launches and retrospectives in collaboration with stakeholders – consistently and transparently.
- Develop and maintain product goals, delivery plans (milestones, deliverables and schedules), success criteria/KPIs and performance against them.
- Plan out sprint resourcing and manage/groom your team's development backlog.
- Be detail-oriented and proactive in identifying and closing gaps in the product development lifecycle.
- Build and execute operational and technical project plans, facilitate all project gate reviews, utilize PPM tool, PowerBI and effectively escalate issues to meet the project milestones/goals.
- Align to business and IT priorities by effectively leveraging Waterfall, Interative/Hybrid, Agile/ SCRUM SAFe methodologies, while coaching and mentoring team members.
- Manage multiple product Scrum teams (internal, external, & for multiple divisions) in parallel, with regular standups, promoting team collaboration, innovation and quality outcomes.
- Provide regular status update to the executive Leadership and Management team with constant drive to make improvements to the outcomes.
- Demonstrate high adaptability and flexibility to take responsibility to support new projects that has priority and as communicated.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Project/Program Manager
- 2+ years experience in Cloud (AWS), Data Engineering implementation projects
- Project Management Professional certification is a plus
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Cloud/AWS, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, BI/Data Analytics working with different business and product teams, preferably in a large global organization
- Experience as Application Project Manager/Scrum Master leading multiple Scrum teams supporting business transformation.
- Strong familiarity of Project Management Waterfall methodology, gate reviews, resource, budget, risk, communication and change management process.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies, facilitating the ceremonies like backlog grooming, epic /User story, daily standups, estimation and velocity, resolving impediments, sprint retrospection, coaching team members and usage of JIRA, Confluence and metrics reporting.
- Strong communicator with effective presentation skills delivering formal presentations & facilitate Demo to various levels of management articulating project/Sprint status, risk mitigations, benefits & financial realizations.
- Self-motivated and independent critical thinker who can visualize and guide team during conflicting situations to stay focused on business goals & priorities
- Has strong experience in Agile methodologies, Kanban, Scrum of Scrums, lean budget, managing release train, process improvements, provide training on Agile tools & dashboard.
- Effective conflict & impediments management in a fast-paced environment, take higher responsibilities working with cross functional team who are working on multiple priorities
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to influence stakeholders and team members with variety of personal styles to focus on right priorities under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.