Share this Job
Date: Apr 4, 2019
Company: Cytel Inc
We are seeking a highly motivated Proposal Manager to join our newly structured and expanding global proposal team with responsibility for independently managing requests for proposals/information (RFPs/RFIs) in order to win new business opportunities. For assigned proposals, you will own the process of proposal generation, including:
- Making sure all relevant information on customer needs is available.
- Organize internal teams for the review, writing and approval of all relevant proposals, through efficient project management, to keep target timelines.
- Calculate competitive budgets for tasks in the area of statics, statistical programming, data management, medical writing, strategic development consulting and statistical software, using in-house tools, as appropriate.
- Write proposal documents, work orders, change orders etc., in collaboration with Business Development and functional experts from Operations functions.
- Manage the internal approval and dissemination process for proposals.
- Liaison with third-party vendors (e.g. EDC, IRS, monitoring) for pricing, terms and proposal/work order budgets and texts.
- Technical writing for proposals and RFI responses, including integration of any technical text supplied by expert operational teams and third-party vendors.
- Review and validate documents and budgets for accurate content, consistent format and compliance.
- Ensure that responses to RFPs/RFIs are coherent, persuasive and delivered on time and in line with the request itself, and Cytel-internal processes and standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate information updates to company database and tracking reports.
- Contribute to the handover of won opportunities from business to operations, including presence at the internal handover meeting and, where applicable, at client kick-off meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through updates of tools, templates and processes.
- Interacting at all levels of the client team, from clinical project management to executive suite.
- Keep current on relevant industry and internal company products, services, pricing, markets, plans and developments.
Qualifications and Experience You will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in clinical sciences, statistics or equivalent, a strong understanding of clinical trials (especially operations) and at least three years prior experience either in a CRO that provides biometrics services, or the biometrics or outsourcing division of a biopharma company, including:
- Operational experience in biostatistics, statistical programming, or data management.
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing proposals.
Additionally, we require:
- Understanding of the customer decision-making process, marketplace requirements, and the competitive environment, with the ability to position and differentiate products for maximum market success in the clinical trial space.
- Excellent listener, superior communication ability, with strong writing presentation skills and the ability to gain respect of and influence personnel at all levels.
- Participative and team-oriented, with energy and initiative and the ability to motivate, influence and achieve results through others.
- Entrepreneurial and self- motivated without the need for significant infrastructure and support, a positive attitude towards the dynamic of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing, research-driven environment.
- Quality focus, attention to detail and strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Ethical foundation with high degree of personal and professional integrity
Compensation and BenefitsCompensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Cytel also offers comprehensive medical, vision and dental benefits, plus a contributing 401K plan.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Business Development, Consulting, Manager, Sales, Technology, Management
Find similar jobs: