Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Date: Nov 13, 2020
Company: Cytel Inc
Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
As Proposal Manager, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a highly respected CRO involved in innovative clinical trials within the pharmaceutical industry. We are looking for someone to be part of a growing group of Proposal Managers to support our efforts to bring our services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies on a global basis.
You will contribute by:
- Assist the commercial group and functional areas (e.g. Statistics, Programming, Data Management) to generate coherent and persuasive responses to requests for proposals/information (RFPs/RFIs), and optimize chances of success.
- Generate cost estimates using in-house excel based tools to include within proposal, work order and change order documents.
- Facilitate group meetings to collect information and strategize on approaches
- Research and gather data to include corporate information, experience examples, proposed project team resumes, and other standard materials.
- Prepare proposals/work orders/amendments using in-house tools for review by a dedicated team.
- Respond to requests based on timelines structured to meet the needs of clients and internal collaborators.
- Comply with processes set down to ensure quality deliverables.
- Review RFP/RFI/work order/amendment for accurate content, consistent format and compliance.
- Ensure all documentation related to RFPs/RFIs is saved on the central server in an organized manner.
- Maintain proposal tracking documents and related databases (e.g. RFIs, experiences).
- Work with senior management to improve Cytec’s proposal process, including developing standards of practice and templates
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor degree preferd
- 3-5 years experience within a CRO
- Experience in a functional area (Data Management, Statistics or Programming) or related area (e.g. Regulatory, Medical) a plus
- Above average skill with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent use of the English language, strong writing skills, and an ability to solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Above average personal time-management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with costing models and budget proposals in the clinical development space a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
What’s in it for you:
- You will have the opportunity to play an integral role helping our clients and the industry shape the future of drug development
- You will be part of an exciting new chapter in Cytel’s history with high growth and opportunities to progress in Senior and Leadership positions within the company
- Work in an environment designed for an entrepreneurial minded person with a lot of energy, ideas and courage for their implementation
- Work with and leverage the best and brightest minds in the industry
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham