Practitioner / consultant
Job Posting: 05/Aug/2020
Closure Date: 19/Aug/2020, 11:59:00 PM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Governing Bodies Servicing (CSG) is responsible for providing liaison between the Organization and its Membership on Governing Body matters, as well as conference and Protocol services. The Protocol services branchranch (CSGP) acts as liaison between the Organization and governments, ensuring that correct Protocol is observed; as well as support to FAO Regional Group meetings, and activities of the G77 & China Rome Chapter Secretariat.
The consultant/PSA subscriber will work under the overall supervision of the Chief of Protocol, with delegated authority as applicable.
Provide Protocol management support to the activities of CSGP, for example with regard to support to FAO Members, Regional Groups and the G77 & China Rome Chapter Secretariat; and carry out other Protocol related activities as may be required.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the work of CSGP in its Protocol function, especially in the liaison between FAO Secretariat, its Members and the Host Country Government;;
- Provide support and meeting related services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework;
- Provide support to the liaison with FAO Regional Groups, and/or to the activities of the G77 & China Secretariat, including liaison, communication and logistical arrangements
- Perform other Protocol related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least 1 year of related professional experience in protocol services
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO Languages: Russian, Spanish, Chinese, French, Arabic (for Consultants)/ Working knowledge of English (for PSAs).
- University degree in a discipline related to the mandate of the Organization
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in protocol services is desirable;
- Knowledge and understanding of FAO Membership, Regional Groups or G77 & China activities;
- Extend and relevant experience in organizing intergovernmental meetings, in particular demonstrated experience to draft and edit documents and/or correspondence in an intergovernmental environment;
- Excellent communication skills;