Executive / senior industry position, other jobs
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Responsible for the purchase of goods, services, invoicing, and reconciliation for assigned location. The current software is PeopleSoft. The primary objective of this role is to work with the multiple business areas located in different time zones to monitor and execute the required activities in order to finalize the purchasing, contracts or invoice payments. The main goal is to maintain smooth operations to support the continued success of R&D through effective purchasing / supply chain activities. Ability to create and develop efficient work processes. Ability to communicate and work effectively within a multi-site team environment. Recognizes that a main function of Purchasing within the organization is customer service.
- Obtain goods and services in support of company business units by placing Purchase Orders within their scope of authority.
- Process requested PO’s in PeopleSoft and forward purchase orders to the shipping department to ensure proper delivery.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Communicates and determines scheduling with suppliers for pricing, order fulfillment and delivery.
- Various other duties as they are required.
- Accounts Payable –process daily invoices and payments, respond to & resolve vendor issues, investigate & resolve aged transactions, and review vendor statements to ensure accurate processing.
- Responsible for setting up new vendors.
- Responsible for all vendor maintenance.
- Performs audit functions for all invoices and any expenses above the firms designated threshold amounts.
- Monitor and ensure purchase orders are adjusted timely and accurately
- Assists client personnel in resolving Accounts Payable issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary to effectively interact with team members, customers and vendors in different time zones
- Ability to efficiently and effectively provide for purchase of goods, services, invoicing, and reconciliation for assigned location.
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Quality First: execute accurate, complete and timely work; integrity never compromised.
- Accountability: take ownership of all tasks and do whatever is needed to drive them to completion.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with customers (both external and internal), suppliers and associates at all levels towards mutual objectives.
- Sense of urgency: High energy, bias for action; spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues.
- Continuous Improvement Focused/Innovative: Generates and implements creative solutions; challenges current methods and seeks alternatives.
- Excellent computer skills for high accuracy data entry required
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills – including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Must be able to work with computers using customary office/purchasing software
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Strong & effective communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift and move items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Minimum: Some college coursework or 5 years’ experience in a purchasing related field. Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry or laboratory experience. Must have experience in a highly regulated environment.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 to 5 years’ experience in the field or a related area. Must have experience in a highly regulated environment. Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry operations.
Share on your newsfeed Bausch Health Companies Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.