Researcher / analyst
Quality and Data Governance Analyst II
Department overview: IHS Markit's Entity Link team oversees the collection, mapping and maintenance of client, vendor and proprietary company, contact, fund, ownership and relationship data. This data is used across multiple products by clients inorder to facilitate transactions in the capital markets.
Position summary: In this role, you will work closely with members of our global teams, adding value to our content, as you help to ensure the highest possible levels of data quality, timeliness and completeness. You’ll be responsible for helping to drive production quality, process and content improvements across the group. You’ll be given the support and direction needed to help you succeed, while working as part of a diverse and experienced, passionate team. As a QC Analyst working on Entity Link, you will gain invaluable insight into the areas of data collection, data analysis, agile project management, and financial services.
Duties & accountabilities
- Transferring data from various internal and external sources into the data collection application and checking existing data for discrepancies/duplicates related to entity structures/relationships, reference data and corporate actions.
- Making necessary changes or assigning changes to researchers to ensure data is consistent and uniform.
- Ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness of IHS Markit’s existing data. Identifying solutions for eliminating discrepancies and missing information from the database. Communicating with individual researchers and team leaders regarding content specifications and guidelines.
- Identifying sources and creating processes for collecting and tracking new information as needed. Assisting team leaders in developing standards, benchmarks, and specifications. Populating new data points through analysis of external and internal sources including websites, industry publications, client lists, SEC filings, etc.
- Tracking all projects using the Kanban project management process. Entering changes and new information into internal databases using specified rules. Communicating regularly with team leader/management/team members regarding status of projects and workload.
- Liaising with offshore teams on projects.
- Participating in creation/maintenance of research manuals and enhancements to the databases and research methodology.
- Assisting in training of new employees as needed.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Interest in financial research and internet research.
- Enjoys and is capable of handling a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work in both a team and individual environments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Assume accountability for individual projects and team’s overall success.
- Understanding of Agile/Kanban and/or ability and interest in improving process efficiencies.
- Experience automating processes through the use of technology such as Kapow is a plus.
- Ability to give critical feedback to team members.
- Responsible for the quality of the team’s work.