Executive / senior industry position
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Scope of Responsibility: Impacts the local and global Quality Assurance (QA) team and closely related teams through quality and timeline of results, providing services / information which is important for decision making. Guides and influences senior leadership regarding quality and compliance issues. Contributes to the financial, resource planning, strategic direction and operational decision-making of the organization. Is accountable for the performance / results of the QA team.
Role: The individual has responsibility for leading a team of QA personnel and/or supervisors who perform a variety of tasks within the Quality Assurance department. Allocates work / projects and monitors progress, timelines, completion and quality. Communicates with senior leadership about quality and compliance issues as well as progress updates on improvement activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead & manage team of QA personnel and/or supervisors to ensure performance and resource utilization requirements are met.
- Support the organization with the establishment of quality systems & support appropriate training for the new PSS facility in China.
- Utilize appropriate tools to monitor and allocate appropriate resources to support the business needs including short- and long-term resource planning.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to assure Best-in-Class expectations for quality and timely delivery are met or exceeded.
- Contribute to budget planning for QA department and control expenses within department budget.
- Analyze trends, quality metrics and other data to identify quality and compliance gaps.
- Communicate quality and compliance gaps to senior leadership and drive improvements within cross-functional departments.
- Lead training activities on quality systems and other quality initiatives.
- Lead regulatory inspections and generate and/or participate in observation response efforts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in science or technical area.
- 6+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance or related field within a GxP environment.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or management experience.
- Fosters potential and develops talents of top performers within the QA team.
- Acts ethically and takes responsibility for quality of own work and that of the QA team.
- Collaborates with various local and global teams to identify and implement improvements.
- Works with agility, drives and implements change on local and global scales.
- Applies technology to drive digitalization, improve quality and increase customer value.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent in both written and spoken Mandarin
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Expert knowledge and application of FDA, EU, China regulations (cGMP, GLP, Data Integrity).
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- 0-20% travel required
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com