Mid-level industry position
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will, under direct supervision, assist with theoretical and empirical research on public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rate, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Quantitative Modeler role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Support the application of mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions that support business strategies and initiatives. Conduct or assess ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python.
- Utilize fundamental data mining and/or statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations. Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Complete modeling projects aligned with established company policies and industry-wide modeling practices.
- Implement validation or testing strategies and assess the quality and risk of basic model methodologies, outputs, and processes. Apply understanding of relevant business context to interpret model results, monitor performance, and assess risks.
- Communicate fundamental technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication, such as white papers, review reports, or workpapers.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, data science or related fields
- Hands-on experience in econometric models or statistical models
- Hands-on experience working with large complex data
- Proficiency in Python and/or similar programming languages
- 2 years of similar experience
- Knowledge in machine learning
- Knowledge and experience in AWS
- Knowledge and experience in MBS market
- Experience applying time series modeling to economic applications
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo methods and other numerical methods
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other financial entities or instruments to determine viability, stability, and performance
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in SAS
- Skilled in Excel
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Experience using R
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Mid-level industry position
1100 15th St NW
DC 20005 Washington , United States