Practitioner / consultant
Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile R&D team working in a start-up-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In R&D, you never quite know what’s around the corner, but we can tell you that you’ll be involved in a variety of innovative and exciting projects, from developing new products to finding cost savings, and everything in between. Here, you’ll use your talent and track record for delivering technical solutions to complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
- Job Type:
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The complementary nature of BD and CareFusion capabilities make the new, combined company more relevant than ever before. It’s not just the solutions we offer, It’s also where we offer them. The global reach of the combined company can offer new solutions around the world.
Zakiyyah Walker, Staff Engineer, R&D Lean Processes
"As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from."
Michael Carrano, Sr. Program Manager, Sustaining Team Leader, R&D Project Management
"Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals."
Justyna Zielinska, Project Manager, Project/Program ManagementJob Description SummaryThe BD Medical – Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) Design and Development (D&D) team is seeking a highly talented and passionate individual to help the team identify innovative solutions to address current and future health care needs.Job Description
"BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service."
The BD Medical – Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) Design and Development (D&D) team is seeking a highly talented and passionate individual to identify innovative solutions to address current and future health care needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting sustaining engineering and improving upon existing product lines.
- Work within the sustaining engineering project team to support existing products with the BD Injection systems business. Work with the sustaining engineering R&D lead to identify robust engineering solutions to ensure a high level of quality within the injection and anesthesia product portfolio.
- Provide engineering support to high volume and superior quality manufacturing in multiple manufacturing sites across the globe.
- Apply a structured engineering approach to critical parameter management leveraging tools within DFSS methodology.
- Act as a subject matter expert for design and production of injection and anesthesia products throughout the R&D organization to promote best practices.
- Participate in the planning and execution of technical project work including engineering in DOE execution. Leverage appropriate multivariate statistics in the analysis and documentation of experimental studies.
- Design and develop high-precision plastic injection molded components for high-volume production. Embed DFM thinking throughout the design and development process.
- Understand customer needs (through competitive analysis and prototype evaluation) and translation into engineering requirements and specifications.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively generating novel concepts for new products and enhancements to current product performance.
- Highly motivated, self-driven and team oriented individual that is always looking for efficient and effective ways of achieving results.
- Strong technical judgment.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodologies, in particular critical parameter management.
- Understanding of test methodologies including precision, accuracy and measurement systems analysis (MSA).
- Product development considerations for tightly controlled, high-volume manufacturing process.
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate technical concepts, ideas and knowledge within a cross functional teams.
- Solid understanding of basic statistics including linear, non-linear and multivariate statistics and DOE methodologies. Knowledge of statistical software tools such as Minitab, SigmaStat, Matlab, etc.
Research EngineerFranklin Lakes, New Jersey15661325
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org