Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Recruitment Coordinator Location: Wailuku, HI Additional Locations: Job Number: 837745 Date posted: 10/19/2019 Description:Participates in all aspects of the recruitment process. Conducts employment related research. Assists with sourcing of qualified candidates. Supports recruitment team by assisting with customized candidate screening, testing, evaluation, referral and tracking, and job postings. Serves as resource for recruitment policies, procedures, and practices to supervisors, HR staff, and others. Maintains familiarity with all recruiting needs within Region. Serves as point of contact in absence of recruiter to provide consultative service to hiring authorities. Collaborates with other HR departments to assure inter-departmental processes and procedures are prompt, accurate and complimentary. Coordinates the on-boarding of new hires and employee transfers. Essential Responsibilities:
- Conducts employment related research. Assists recruitment team with electronic and other methods of sourcing of qualified candidates. Assists recruitment team with customized screening and initial contact of applicants to determine qualification and interest level. Refers appropriate candidates to recruiter and/or hiring supervisor.
- Provides support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others. Participates in and provides analytical support in design, development, and implementation of recruitment projects and programs.
- Attends and participates in job fairs, community activities and other public and departmental recruitment-related events. Represents and promotes organization to potential applicants by providing information, responding to questions, and collecting applicant data.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of recruitment, employment, HRSC, compensation, benefits, pay administration, and other related organizational policies, practices, procedures, and/or regulations. Serves as point of contact for provision of consultative service to hiring authorities. Assists in implementing policies and procedures. Serves as resource for recruitment policies, procedures, and practices to supervisors, HR staff, and others. Refers to recruiters and other staff as appropriate.
- Handles and prioritizes multiple ranges of advanced administrative duties with wide latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
- Develops and maintains general familiarity with immigration and re-certification process. Refers related questions appropriately. Provides general information. Responds to inquiries related to immigration and re-certification. Refers to Program Office and HR staff.
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment. Assists with implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process.
- Collaborates with Recruiters and HRSC staff to assure prompt and accurate outside applicant processing and tracking. Serves as resource to HRSC staff. Reviews and classifies employment applications. Assures timely forwarding of applications to hiring managers/supervisors. Responds to incoming inquiries regarding employment opportunities. Writes letters to applicants. Coordinates regular distribution of job vacancy listings to community recruitment agencies.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of candidate sourcing or related experience.
- Education License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of employment, benefits, compensation, pay administration and related policies, practices and/or regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and function independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated objectivity, flexibility, and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to give directions to others.
- Demonstrated proficiency and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet, database, and desktop and internet publishing PC applications.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems.
- Primary Location: Hawaii,Wailuku,Memorial - Cottage Buildings 285 Mahalani St. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours End: Variable Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-Exempt Job Level: Entry Level Job Category: Human Resources / HRIS Department: Recruitment Travel: Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oakland, CA
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.