CNA is a not-for-profit research and analysis corporation running two major business units, CNA, the Department of the Navy’s Federally Funded R&D Center (FFRDC), and the Institute for Public Research, which provides analytic support to non-DOD government sponsors. RFR is a division within the FFRDC. Our primary clients are the Navy and Marine Corps. We also support OSD and other components of DOD. As our name implies, RFR focuses on a full range of resource issues. Six programs within RFR address problems in manpower, personnel, training and education; energy, infrastructure and the environment; cost, acquisition processes, material and supply readiness and logistics; and health analytics and medical readiness.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Staff at this level will be leading smaller/less complex activities or will be serving as an important contributing team member on projects. Demonstrates analytical competence.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. With minimal or no guidance, meets CNA’s quality standards when working on well-structured pieces of a project. Demonstrates ability to develop sound analytic frameworks and associated analytic methodologies/ techniques for addressing both structured and unstructured problems. With direction and supervision, clearly defines, structures, and executes a piece of a complex study to meet quality standards. Demonstrates analytic creativity and curiosity.
2. Develops and maintains broad, general institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Contributes productively and harmoniously to the work of others; treats everyone respectfully, professionally and fairly. Keeps others informed. Proactively identifies and seeks out others working on similar topics. Works to identify opportunities for collaborations within team, division, and operating unit.
4. Supports business development efforts and/or marketing activities by maintaining strong client relationships through high quality work, increasing the visibility of our work, and other related activities such as proposal preparation.
5. Interacts with sponsors/clients under the supervision of an experienced colleague, and with study POCs independently.
6. Makes significant contributions to research publications and analytic products for individual projects.
7. Demonstrates ability to communicate results of work in a clear and concise fashion. Effectively communicates one-on-one and in groups. Can document work efficiently and accurately. Can effectively present work to colleagues, sponsors, and small audiences that are familiar with content.
8. Works with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Works under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Can serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities. May lead small projects under the supervision of an RTL/CMD.
9. Exhibits a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Provides clear guidance to colleagues on tasks. Takes responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience, PhD preferred.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Ph.D. & 0+ years or Master’s & 2+ years of experience in research and analysis.
3. Skills: Ability to make significant contributions to projects/analyses; Strong analytic curiosity/ creativity; Ability to operate independently in the execution of assignments; Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment; Strong critical thinking skills; Knowledge of research techniques; Strong planning and organizational skills; Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; Ability to interact positively and somewhat independently with clients.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
3003 Washington Blvd
VA 22201 Arlington , United States