Researcher / analyst
The Research Analyst, Steel Raw Materials position requires a junior to mid-level research analyst with 2 to 3 years of experience in researching steel raw materials. The Research Analyst, Steel Raw Materials is expected to work within the Coal, Metals & Mining team to perform research, insight and data functions, as well as additional analysis as needed, including contributions consulting projects.
- Contribute to and/or maintain supply-demand balance sheets for iron ore, scrap, and minor metals used in the steel making process.
- Contribute to and/or maintain price forecasts for these steel raw materials
- Contribute to monthly and ad hoc deliverables on the steel raw materials markets
- Engage with clients of IHS Markit’s Steel Raw Materials service, delivering key messages and insights.
- Collect data from a wide variety of global sources, with very high accuracy and attention to detail. Maintain data in optimal formats that are accessible by research analysts globally.
- Develop new deliverables, including data visualizations in Power BI.
- Analysts will be encouraged to contribute to regular reports and original research, collaborating with the broader Coal, Metals & Mining team, and other groups within IHS Markit.
Graduate degree in mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics or industry-related field required. Graduate degree with quantitative skills a plus.
At least 2 years of experience in a steel raw materials research, or within the steel or steel raw materials industry
- Strong writing ability
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, VBA advantageous.
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Location: Gurgaon - Ambience
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.