- Ref: 21-27
- 3 years fixed-term contract
- Full time, 40 hours/week
- Work contract at LISER, « Living Conditions » department
- Expected start date: September 2022 (or soon thereafter)
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research
is recruiting a
Research Associate in Economics for its Living Conditions department (postdoc, f/m)
LISER invites candidates to apply for the position of Research Associate (postdoc) within its Living Conditions Department. The successful candidate is expected to develop a research agenda in the areas of:
- inequality and poverty;
- family economics;
- tax and transfer policy;
- environmental equity;
- urban inequality and segregation;
- housing, inheritances and the distribution of wealth.
The successful candidate will be asked to:
- produce excellent research output related to the above mentioned topics;
- contribute to the submission of grant proposals (external funding);
- participate in public outreach activities like policy briefs, round-tables discussions, social media communication, and take part in the day-to-day department-related activities (workshops, lecture series, etc.).
- Ph.D. in economics or applied econometrics;
- Excellent quantitative skills and hands-on experience working with large-scale survey or administrative data;
- Excellent writing skills, for both scientific and more policy-oriented articles are required;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a team;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); fluency in either French is considered as an asset.
LISER particularly encourages female researchers to apply.
- A dynamic and international research environment with good working conditions and stimulating work environment;
- Resources for the participation in international meetings and conferences;
- Internationally competitive remuneration.
Please submit your complete application (in English) via our online system: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter outlining your interests in line with the department’s themes/topics (2 pages max);
- Copy of diplomas;
- Two representative articles or working papers;
- Two letters of reference (to be uploaded with the application documents or sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications: December 5th, 2021 at midnight CET
For administrative matters, please contact email@example.com
The interviews will take place virtually during the week of January 10th, 2022.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Multi- and interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography.
The Institute is located on the new Belval campus in the south of Luxembourg, which hosts the University of Luxembourg and a substantial part of the country’s publicly funded research facilities, i.e. LISER, the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) cross-national data center, the Luxembourg institutes of Health (LIH) and of Science and Technology (LIST).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish.
Information for foreign researchers interested in Luxembourg research is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer
11, Porte des Sciences
4366 Esch-sur-Alzette , Luxembourg