Prof. Dr. Valentin Lindlacher
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, the Junior Professorship in Economics, esp. International Economic Policy offers a position as
Research Associate / PhD Student (m/f/x)
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L).
Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), as a University of Excellence, is one of the leading and most dynamic research institutions in the country. Founded in 1828, today it is a globally oriented, regionally anchored top university as it focuses on the grand challenges of the 21st century. lt develops innovative solutions for the world's most pressing issues. In research and academic programs, the university unites the natural and engineering sciences with the humanities, social sciences and medicine. This wide range of disciplines is a special feature, facilitating interdisciplinarity and transfer of science to society. As a modern employer, it offers attractive working conditions to all employees in teaching, research, technology and administration. The goal is to promote and develop their individual abilities while empowering everyone to reach their full potential. TUD embodies a university culture that is characterized by cosmopolitanism, mutual appreciation, thriving innovation and active participation. For TUD diversity is an essential feature and a quality criterion of an excellent university. Accordingly, we welcome all applicants who would like to commit themselves, their achievements and productivity to the success of the whole institution.
At the Faculty of Business and Economics, the Junior Professorship in Economics, esp. International Economic Policy offers a position as
Research Associate / PhD Student (m/f/x)
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting on April 1, 2023. The position comprises 75% of the fulltime weekly hours. The position is limited to 3 years and could be extended. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz WissZeitVG). The position aims at obtaining further academic qualification (e. g. PhD).
- scientific research activities: Conduct own (empirical) research in one of the above research areas using statistical software (e.g., R or Stata)
- Contributing to scientific teaching activities
- Support in administrative tasks.
- university degree (master’s) in Economics or any other subject (e.g., (Applied) Statistics, Mathematics, Geoinformatics, Political Sciences, and others)
- Interest in socio-economic research and working with spatial/geo-referenced data
- Fully proficient in English (German skills are an advantage).
- An inspiring research atmosphere and expertise in the fields of Development Economics, Regional Economics, and Political Economy
- Support and supervision of your PhD thesis
- Courses in the structured PhD program Central-German Doctoral Program Economics (CGDE)
- Integration into a larger team (close exchange with the Chair of Economics, esp. International Economics and Prof. Dr. Christian Leßmann)
- Strong support to present research results at international conferences and participation at summer schools.
- A cover letter describing your interest in this position
- Your CV with copies of exam certificates and other appendices
- Up to two reference letters (if available) or contact information of up to two references.
For further information, you are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUD strives to employ more women in academia and research. We therefore expressly encourage women to apply. The University is a certified family-friendly university and offers a Dual Career Service. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. If multiple candidates prove to be equally qualified, those with disabilities or with equivalent status pursuant to the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will receive priority for employment.
Please submit your application until January 9, 2023 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably in electronic form (one PDF file) via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it to email@example.com or as hard copy to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Juniorprofessur für Volkswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Internationale Wirtschaftspolitik, Herrn Prof. Dr. Valentin Lindlacher, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
01069 Dresden , Germany