The Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (KU) is a non-state university under church leadership and officially recognized by the Free State of Bavaria. It is committed to strong research and excellent teaching and combines first-class study conditions with an international focus. Eight faculties offer a wide range of subjects for around 5,000 students. The University employs 900 people of different faiths and beliefs. Grounded in the Christian view of human life, the KU aims to create an academic and educational culture of responsibility.
The Chair of Macroeconomics (Prof. Dr. Simon Wiederhold) at the Ingolstadt School of Management invites applications for a 0.75 position as
to be filled from August 01, 2019 for a limited period of three years. Provided that the requirements are met, remuneration will be according to the pay grade E13 TV-L. The successful candidate may also pursue doctoral research as part of their work if desired; the University is particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates who wish to make use of this opportunity.
- Independent research activity, including but not limited to compiling academic publications for internationally renowned journals in the context of your doctoral project
- Presentation of your findings on international conferences
- Participation in teaching and supervision of final theses
- Above-average Master’s degree in economics or business administration or a related subject
- Advanced English and German language proficiency
- An interest in applied empirical economic research
- An interest in questions from the field of education and/or innovation desirable
What we offer:
- Active research environment at the Chair and the Faculty; the Chair’s research practice focuses on the areas of economics of education, economics of innovation and experimental economics (laboratory and field experiments)
- Participation in the doctoral study program at the Faculty and in the Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics
- Professional, diverse and international working environment
- Collaboration within a team of committed researchers
Please send your application with the usual supporting documents by e-mail to the Chair’s secretary’s office to Simone.Eckmann@ku.de by April 07, 2019 (please combine all documents in one PDF file). All submitted application documents will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the hiring process has been completed. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Simon Wiederhold directly (Phone: +49 841 / 937-21855, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The KU aims to promote equal opportunities for women and men, and to ensure that its members are able to balance work and family life. Candidates with severe disabilities who are equally suitable to other applicants will be prioritized.
All staff are obliged to recognize and respect the ecclesiastical mission and Catholic character of the University. The University takes this into consideration when recruiting staff and is therefore interested in receiving applications with relevant information in this regard.
Researcher / analyst
Ingolstadt , Germany