Mid-level industry position
SGS is looking for a bright and energetic sales engineer to add to our growing sales team in our transportation testing laboratory in Troy, MI.
This is a great growth opportunity for the right person. If you are a degreed engineer, have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, a passion for customer service, experience in automotive engineering and a desire to learn more about automotive testing and helping grow our business, this position may be for you.
As a sales engineer, you will perform a variety of duties aimed at managing current client relationships, as well as developing new business from existing clients.
These duties include;
· Communicating and interacting directly with clients (in person and through phone and email)
· Timely response to questions and inquiries
· Manage expectations and delivering a positive customer experience
· Pursue each outstanding client need (open quotations, service requests, etc.) until closed
· Gather requirements in order to gain an understanding of needs
· Prepare technical proposals
· Maintain quote and order levels
· Create and facilitate client presentations and site tours
· Assist with test plans, schedules, communications and proposal / contract documentation
· Maintain information in sales database (CRM)
· Leverage relationships to identify additional service needs
· Participate in regularly scheduled sales and operations meetings
· Client research and networking
· Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers
· Work with diverse and dispersed teams (engineering, operations, sales, clients)
· At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
· Problem solving skills
· Possess excellent oral communication and presentation skills
· Creative thinking skills to develop innovative solutions to solve customer requirements and expectation within project deadlines
· Able to consistently compose written communications without spelling and grammar mistakes
· Computer literate (creating, filing, saving/uploading, searching, backup, web searching, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
· Ability to travel to client and SGS locations (primarily in Midwest - approximately 10-20%)
Education / Experience:
· 2-5 years’ relevant technical experience, includes; experience in manufacturing, testing, technology or product development
Reporting to: Additional Information:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.