• Responsible for selling all SGS Consumer and Retail services to established customers and prospects focusing on brands and manufacturers
• Profitably grow the business with priority strategic (high transactional to consultative mix) accounts by developing and successfully implementing Key Account Plans.
• Identify and implement Value Propositions with priority customers through knowledge and application of SGS business capabilities and resources.
• To meet these responsibilities, the candidate
• Should be familiar with building fire codes related to exterior and interior building construction materials and furnishings
• Knowledge of commercial, high occupancy building code requirements for fire safety
• Working knowledge of NFPA Life Safety code desired
• Ability to identify hazards associated with fire code violations
• Able to guide customers on applicable fire code compliance requirements based on the type of building occupancy and the product ranging from
o Building materials of various types, and
o Interior furnishing materials such as curtains and draperies, mattresses, upholstered furniture, large surface wall coverings
Specifically, These Responsibilities Are To:
• Execute sales to customers – manufacturers, importers and brands within channels described in primary responsibilities above
• Develop and issue quotations and proposals, negotiating fees, terms and conditions as necessary
• Secure appropriate legal documents for client relationships, including non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, and statements of work
• Attends industry and trade show events in support of lead generation and prospecting. Manage Sales cycle and moves events and activities to close leads and opportunities
• Maintains and develops relationships with existing and potential/target customers.
• Visits potential customers to prospect for new business
• Responsible building effective and professional relationships and close cooperation with key internal customer and support teams, including client services, global, technical and operational teams
• Develops sales plans with the BD manager to insure the achievement of annual targets
• Consistently and accurately provides sales reports and other reports as required by management
• Works with Client Service department to insure ease and transparency of client information and requirements.
• Works closely with SGS affiliates to present valued-added solutions to prospective customers.
• Works closely and provides support to the Client Service team, to actualize revenue projection & potential
• Enter all client details and sales stages in SGS CRM tool
• Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with internal and external customers, work in a collaborative manner
• Creative and strategic thinking skills to develop innovative solutions to sell to the client
• Ability to interface with supply chain senior managers and other customer structures
• Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic Capable of building trust, value others and communicate effectively
• Self-managed and responsible to targets and goals
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented, works in a collaborative manner
• University graduate or equivalent educational background
• 5-15 years of experience in fire safety, building safety code compliance, inspection at city, state level
• Proven selling experience preferred
• Ability to close sales in a timely manner, supported by sales training experience
• Strong people skills to include cross cultural sensitivities
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will be an advantage
• Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong ability to sell a concept.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook specifically.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Corporate / senior
Farmingdale , United States