Executive / senior industry position
Company: Boston Scientific
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
The Interventional Cardiology (IC) Senior Clinical Portfolio Analyst acts as business partner to Global clinical divisional teams. He/she is responsible for interpretation of current and projected Clinical results. He/she assists with roll-ups of clinical spend and provides periodic reporting and analysis of results. He/she will interact with IC Clinical Portfolio Management and finance across the IC franchises and will promote communication and help influence consistent practices at all locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the reporting and analysis of long-range strategic plans and ad hoc projects. These duties include development of models and contributions to presentations for senior management.
- Develop and update financial analysis for presentation of Global Clinical plans.
- Participate in the quarterly/annual portfolio planning process for with Project Management and finance.
- Review and analyze the impact of recommended VIP’s.
- Monthly/Quarterly reporting of clinical results and metrics, and continued refinement and improvement of metrics for internal use and PLCP (Product Life Cycle Process metrics).
- Further implementation of the PPMS system, becoming a subject matter expert on the tool functionality.
- Headcount reporting and analysis for Global Clinical.
- Support responses to requests from the divisional clinical groups for analysis and projections of spending and returns in conjunction with Corporate and Division finance and Portfolio Management.Ownership on invoices/POs/assumptions/roll-ups/SAP/Kronos across all IC franchises and regions.
- Create guidelines for best practice for PMs/FMs benefits, as needed.
- Clinical Portfolio management administrative work (Portfolio management documents maintenance on relevant solution)
- First contact point to address business portfolio inquiries
- BS or BA degree in applicable field including coursework in Business, Finance, Marketing, and Strategy is helpful
- 3+ years of Clinical Project Management or Operations experience
- 1+ years’ experience in portfolio analysis, analysis of long-range strategic plans
- Ability to create the reporting of clinical results and metrics, and continued refinement and improvement of metrics for internal use
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information / ideas / strategies into a cohesive and succinct business plan.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and portfolio analysis tools
- Experience in diagnosing business problems and building and executing multi-faceted, long-term, strategic plans based on business challenges.
- Experience working as an internal consultant with responsibility for line customers preferred, optimally in the medical device industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and indirectly influencing business objectives.
- High level of self-awareness and integrity
- Quality focus a must (at all levels: communication, deliverables, etc)
- Prior experience in financial planning and reporting
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Requisition ID: 463366