Practitioner / consultant
Share this JobLocation: Remote: Yes
At Ellucian, we’re motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That’s where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we’re dedicated to helping all our customers thrive—not just survive—in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
We have a unique opportunity to join Ellucian within a new startup business called Advisory Services which is part of Ellucian Managed Services. We are looking to hire functional and technical consultants who are passionate about working with customers to be their subject matter expert to resolve their problems.
We are looking to fill these roles within the next 3 – 6 months and are looking to build a pipeline of qualified consultants who may be interested in this exciting opportunity.
If you feel like your skillsets align with this position, please apply. Thank you for your time and interest in Ellucian.
Location: 100 % Remote within the USA
Travel: 0 - 25%
This role provides personalized and on-going guidance and support on Ellucian solutions and customer business operations post-implementation, enabling customers to maximize value from their solutions. The role works closely with the customer, building a relationship with the customer’s points of contact, understanding their business needs and the customer’s current use and knowledge of the Ellucian solution.
The successful candidate will possess a strong functional understanding of Ellucian Colleague Student and an overall understanding of Ellucian’s broad portfolio of solutions.
- Work with customer to gain an understanding of their goals, priorities, processes and challenges related to the supported applications.
- Meet regularly (typically weekly) with the customer to maintain open communication.
- Provide personalized support to emails and phone calls from customer points-of-contact.
- Provide guidance and assist with planning and deployment of upgrades, changes and new functionality.
- Make recommendations and assist with the deployment of new functionality.
- Research solutions and provide support and guidance in response to customer questions and issues.
- Review with the customer their open and recently closed support cases and make recommendations to reduce future issues.
- Review with the customer relevant Support Center change requests, defects and knowledge articles.
- Share and discuss the implications of applicable Ellucian product information such as roadmaps and product announcements.
- Promote customer usage of Ellucian resources such as the Solution Center, product documentation and Communities.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions in response to specific customer needs
- Monitor customer support cases and coordinate response to accelerate time to resolution.
- Provide a channel for direct communication about Ellucian product critical issues.
- Visit on-site annually to understand the customers current business environment, goals and priorities; assess the customers current solution usage for opportunities; and work with the customer to create or update a support plan for the coming year.
- Work closely with other teams across Ellucian to drive the best customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a higher education student business office or equivalent consulting experience.
- In-depth functional knowledge of business processes as related to student service offices and functions within colleges and universities.
- Hands-on experience with Colleague Student including enrollment, curriculum, records, and registration.
- Expert knowledge of business process and Colleague operations in the following areas: admissions recruitment relationships;recruiting prospective applicants; undergraduate applicants, relationships, and communication; graduate and professional applicants, relationships and communication;non-degree and continuing education students, relationships and communication; programs and curriculum; class scheduling; student registration; grades and academic standing; advising and withdrawals; auditing and awarding degrees; learning support.
- Expert knowledge of business process and Colleague operations in the following areas: assessing fees, tuition, and other charges; processing, posting, and applying payments and credits; student billing and collections; third party contracts and billing; student refunds.
- Reporting from Colleague and Colleague Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Reporting tools such as Entrinsik Informer or SAP Business Objects
- Ellucian Workflow
- Project management or team leadership
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte