Executive / senior industry position
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact? The PPI Business Systems Specialist is a strategic partner in operations with responsibility for leading and implementing the continuous improvement strategy to achieve required business results across North America. The position is directly responsible for standardizing and implementing continuous improvement projects and metrics supporting productivity, quality, and safety. The Business Systems Specialist provides leadership guidance that enables Global Distribution to achieve customer focused and financial goals. The Business Systems Specialist applies lean foundational principles to the process of distributing consumer goods and services in order to build a more efficient infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Serve as a key member of the North America Logistics team, specifically as the subject matter expert in continuous improvement and data analytics
- Manage and support North America productivity targets and project funnels
- Work with regional and distribution site leaders to implement best practices across North America
- Data mining and analysis for various distribution centers and providing recommendations to regional leaders to drive excellence in quality, productivity, safety and budget adherence
- Maintain and support Power BI reporting for Logistics group creating standardized and ad-hoc dashboards across all regions
- Prepare key monthly analytics, such as scorecards, productivity and KPI month end
- Partner with multiple functions to lead/support business and automation integrations
- Manage data to track major productivity initiatives and capital projects
- Lead Kaizens and other Practical Process Improvement (PPI) initiatives
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed
How will you get here?Education
- Five plus years' experience working in continuous improvement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with proficient use in excel and analytical skills (e.g. VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, Power BI)
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including presenting to Senior Management
- Previous experience working with regional teams and applying business acumen
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability
- Knowledge, experience or training in Lean techniques and proficient in process auditing
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Operational execution – Is results oriented with strong ability to hold self and others accountable for timely and
- accurate results
- Ability to travel as required, <20% of the time
- Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs, and work at a computer station and on manufacturing shop floor
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).