Executive / senior industry position
Job Title: Senior Demand Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
Date of preparation: December 2020
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the goal is to create a demand plan based on relevant market information that allows our company to accurately gauge requirements for its products and services, and effectively balance demand, material supply and resources that delivers revenue targets, high level of customer satisfaction and optimises cost.
To schedule and coordinate the manufacture of high-performance electronic products from release, to manufacturing through to completion, ensuring maximum performance and minimum delay.
You will engage and improve finite capacity scheduling systems, forecast and report where resource capacities are going to become overloaded and understand manufacturing routes whilst working in conjunction with other departments.
Responsible for liaising with Production, Purchasing, Business Line, Finance & Product Management to achieve the successful and accurate planning of resource through the production departments.
Objectives of the Role:
- Develop and own the Demand, Supply, Balancing process which;
- Creates a sales plan based on collaboration with Business units
- Prepares supply capability against the agreed sales
- Maintains continuous visibility to demand and supply
- Optimises supply chain performance and MA profitability
- Creates a basis for financial planning
- Delivers a mutually agreed sales and supply plan
- The role will require commitment to deliver on projects during peak periods or as projects demand to ensure key objectives and responsibilities are achieved.
- Demand, supply and capacity planning.
- Customer order book management
- Forecast accuracy
- Process & system development, implementation and improvement
- Reporting & presenting
- Work with Business Units to aggregate forecast at product level
- Reach consensus for demand forecasts with Business Units
- Develop, schedule and chair the monthly demand reviews with stakeholders
- Work with product engineering to lever new product introduction in to the demand supply planning cycle
- Maintain the demand plan to ensure cost effectiveness and to meet customer demands
- Oversee the customer work order execution process & monitoring of the customer sales order book.
- Participation in production planning meetings.
- Review orders and identify component due dates to facilitate the accurate planning process for the deliveries of catalogue products and projects in line with business imperatives and customer requirements.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling for each production department according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times whilst ensuring maximum performance with minimum delay.
- Proactively address potential or actual material shortages with Purchasing to track and improve shortage dates.
- Liaise with the production teams to monitor the progress and determine the status of assigned products and projects.
- Manage and communicate stakeholder requirements, resolve issues and make decisions in line with business plans; ensuring own understanding of deliverables and that of the teams.
- Maintain the production and customer schedule, resource planner and other reports as required.
- Update ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to reflect changes to the production schedule and coordinate quarterly master data reviews.
- Liaise with Stores to prioritise production kit issuing.
- Maintain close relationships with production team leads, and continuously improve the efficiency of planning operations.
- Using key metrics, drive continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Operational experience in supply chain management is essential.
- Good understanding of working in similar high technology environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Good understanding or previous experience of ERP or similar.
- IT skills, advanced excel capability and reporting skills are an advantage.
- Have a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to achieving objectives.
- Thrives in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Ability to fully contribute to the process of continuous improvement.
- Ability to entrench a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Pro-active and practical attitude
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Stays calm under pressure.
- Ability to manage risk
Values and Behaviours:
Behaviours and values you expect to be exhibited in line with the McLaren Group Values and Behaviours Framework.
Executive / senior industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom