Executive / senior industry position
The Senior Director, Food & Environmental Business, reports to the Vice President of Scientific Operations and Marketing. The Senior Director is responsible for defining and implementing the strategy of the F&E business globally and growing our revenue and market share in this segment.
The position holder will be leading a multi-functional team, involving direct management of the Marketing function. In addition, the position holder will directly manage marketing and sales of our ERA branded products as well as R&D, marketing and sales of our Vicam branded products.
- A strong business leader that defines a strategy, sets a growth agenda with challenging goals, establishes budgets, short- and long-term objectives and criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- This includes defining a long-term strategy to develop the F&E segment through organic and inorganic growth, the execution of the strategy in collaboration with the corporate and field functions to translate overall business strategy into plans for implementation.
- He/she is accountable for a number of financial metrics.
- He/She provides guidance and leadership to the team with strong business acumen and he/she defines the right product portfolio and the best go to market strategy.
- Leads a team of Senior professionals and thrives to develop, coach and stretch them to their full potential.
- Ethics, values and company culture are a key focus to the success of Waters and have to be understood, lived and further enhanced.
- Education in a scientific field (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology) preferred
- 10+ Years of experience in marketing and business development including M&A
- Experience working in a multinational company, ideally with international experience
- Will have proven capability of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment
- Has strong business ethics
- Able and willing to undertake significant international travel
Additional Key Skills
- Strong global commercial experience, preferably with a multinational company
- International background, has preferably worked in different countries
- Strong experience in the Healthcare & Clinical Diagnostics markets, preferably in our analytical space
- Strong driver and results oriented
- Good balance between short-term and long-term objectives and achievements
- Proven track record in coaching and developing key talent
- Change agent, looks for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Personal growth potential
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Carries a broad global perspective of markets, tech, and trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- Actively creates the conditions for Waters’ people and teams to succeed
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Share on your newsfeed