Executive / senior industry position
In a career as a Senior Employee Relations Professional at Boys Town you will support our greatest asset: our people. We are not just coworkers, but proud members of the Boys Town family, carrying forward the mission of our 100 year old organization. As a member of our HR team, you will help our organization thrive by providing an advanced level of support in in employee relations, FMLA/ADA, performance management, policy interpretation, unemployment, and regulatory compliance. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Leads and conducts consistent investigations of complex issues; oversees and participates in resolution of issues and recommends appropriate actions.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationships and to promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Coaches and counsels employees and managers on matters of performance, disciplinary actions, and policy interpretation to ensure uniform and equitable application.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of documentation; counsels management on proper completion of paperwork including warnings, suspensions, performance improvement, and terminations.
- Manages and tracks employee relations activity utilizing case management software and participates in compiling comprehensive metrics for data reporting and trend identification.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources field; supervisory experience preferred.
- Multi-State experience preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 27, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.