Executive / senior industry position
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The successful candidate will provide direct support to the FP&A Finance Director to ensure financial reporting integrity, accuracy, and consistency for the Group, Divisions and Regions with respect to Commercial FP&A commitments. This position will act as the leader for all revenue related responsibilities of the team, including, but not limited to, core forecast/AOP process, revenue reporting and analytics, system reporting infrastructure. Lastly, the position will manage (directly and indirectly) several finance professionals.Key Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the Global Commercial Finance team, liaising with the Division FP&A Leads, Division Commercial Leads, Regional Teams, Management Reporting Team, Systems FP&A, Global Operations, and Accounting to ensure reporting standardization, alignment, and best practice sharing across a matrix organization
- Provide timely and accurate financial information for Commercial and Finance leaders to make sound P&L, Balance Sheet, and cash flow decisions
- Forecast Process – Serve as a center of excellence, driving process excellence and serving as a single point of contact to drive Division & Region revenue alignment (standardize views across product hierarchies, probe and challenge, triangulate viewpoints)
- AOP – 1) Partner with the Management Reporting and Functional OPEX teams to drive integrated, streamlined, and efficient processes; 2) Central point of contact for regional teams to drive process and adherence to deadlines; 4) Identify areas of opportunity and focus
- Revenue reporting – 1) Single source of truth / reporting integrity (e.g., DSR reporting, organic growth, divisional splits, organic adjustments, geography, industry, channel, etc.); 2) Navigating the matrix (product hierarchies, cross-system translation – CMR/Planning/EDW)
- Analytics – 1) Macro-level forecasting to pressure test and provide rigor to forecasting process; 2) Statistical and trend-based analytics to provide weekly projections on QTD progress, improve forecast accuracy
- System Reporting Infrastructure – 1) Drive consistency across EDW/Planning/CMR (navigate interplay between systems to ensure accuracy, Division reporting integrity); 2) Integration activities
- CCG Channel Management – Drive alignment between Divisions / Regions and CCG
- Participate in PPI process for function, driving continuous improvement in high visibility areas such as Freight, instrument trade-ins, sample management, demo process.
- Develop global processes that are scalable, streamlined and effective in meeting the evolving needs of a dynamic organization
- Mentor and supervise two direct reports and associated indirect reports
- 6+ years of related experience in financial planning and analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership in complex, multinational organization.
- BA/BS major in accounting, business or technical field preferred; MBA, advance degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent process improvement skills
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives in a matrix environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of driving businesses processes to improved performance and customer ease of use
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including ability to take an independent stance when interfacing with cross functional stakeholders. Comfortable presenting information to multiple management layers, up to and including Group Executives.
- Constructive attitude with emphasis on collaboration
- Technical ability to effectively navigate interplay between all financial systems (E1, SAP, EDW, Hyperion Planning, HFM/CMR), and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail; must be able to elevate perspective at the appropriate time
- Strong and confident communicator: essential to have credibility within a dynamic, challenging environment and in the context of providing outstanding business partnering support
- Desire to formulate and drive process improvements, challenging the status quo
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work
- Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable, value-added business insight
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).