Executive / senior industry position
Waters Corporation is a multi-national, NYSE publicly traded entity, WAT. Waters designs, manufactures, sells and services analytical technologies used to measure the chemical, physical and biological composition of materials in a range of industries. As an organization:
- Our purpose is to advance the science and analytical measurement technology that enables our customers to enhance human health and well-being.
- Our vision is to be recognized as the world’s leading specialty measurement company by delivering benefit through innovations and people that enable customer success in life, materials, and food sciences.
- Our strategy is to realize our vision, we enable customer success through our specialty focus, innovation leadership and deep application expertise.
The Senior IT and Data Analytics Internal Auditor provides support to the Internal Audit and Compliance Department by demonstrating analytical and creative thinking that results in the extraction and analysis of big volumes of data used to conduct internal audits, consulting engagements and internal investigations. The position is also responsible for developing and executing stand-alone data driven analytics projects using mainly ACL and, alternatively, MS Access, MS Excel and other available data analytics applications. The results of his/her work will be shared with the Audit and Compliance Team (Internal Customer) and, occasionally, with management to assist in the deployment of continuous monitoring programs. He / She will also provide support to improve the efficiency in testing the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting.
The Senior IT and Data Analytics Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning and performing internal audit projects in diverse areas including financial, operational, compliance, consulting and IT aspects as part of the internal audit plan. His responsibility includes understanding the company applications map, understanding the file layout of each relevant application to define efficient data extraction steps, a comprehensive audit scope, designing test plans, executing analytical audit procedures, and preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work completed. The role requires the use of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to scope an audit, identify exceptions, isolate anomalies, and obtain efficiencies within the audit process. The ideal candidate will have a mix of audit, data analytics, and queries / developer experience in a SAP environment.
The position is based in Milford, Massachusetts and will have the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally to conduct audit fieldwork.
- Assist in completing all aspects related to the SOX-404 IT process, including planning, testing, reporting and monitoring of IT controls
- Evaluate existing IT controls, identify key risks and IT internal control gaps, and develop testing procedures
- Identify and communicate vulnerabilities in systems, access and business data
- Participate in opening meetings, status meetings, and closing meetings in relevant Departmental engagements
- Leverage relationships with management (especially the CIO and the IT organization) and inform them timely of the progress and issues identified during the engagement
- Review internal and co-sourced IT team work to ensure that it was performed in compliance with audit standards and meets/exceeds departmental expectations
- Develop value-added recommendations to improve the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of IT internal controls and operations
- Follow up on IT audit findings to ensure timely and proper remediation
- Participate in system implementation testing, operational audits, fraud investigations and special projects, both independently and through team collaboration
- Assist in the global re-branding of the internal audit department
- Domestic and international travel is required; approximately 50%
- Must possess high ethical values, be self-motivated and a team player with ability to complete and participate in multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Cybersecurity or related study
- MBA or related advanced degree, preferred
- 3+ years of IT audit (internal or external) experience
- Global manufacturing, life sciences, Big 4 or publicly traded company preferred, but not required
- •Experience leveraging technology, data analysis tools and techniques, business intelligence and data warehousing and incorporating data analytics and automated tools/techniques in executing audits and consulting assignments. .
- •Experience in developing queries, scripts and reports to collect and analyze complex data financial and business process flows.
- Advanced knowledge of ACL and/or IDEA and complex CAATs
- Robust understanding of financial processes and business operations.
- Ability to work on the details but capable to see the big picture.
- Solid understanding of IIA Standards, COBIT, GAAP and SOX
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with SAP (required), professional certifications (I.e.: CIA, CISA) and foreign language, preferred
- Enterprise Minded - Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Outside-In Thinkers - Carries a broad global perspective of markets, technologies and trends
- Agile - Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- People Focused - Actively creates the conditions for Waters’ people and teams to succeed
At Waters, we value diversity in our organization, and we are an equal employment opportunity employer. Waters Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Executive / senior industry position