Executive / senior industry position
Within the Product Marketing organization, this Senior Marketing Manager will contribute and continuously develop essential marketing capabilities (eg brand positioning, content development, organized customer, digital development, channel optimization etc) and business acumen (healthcare ecosystem, customer knowledge) that enable the development and execution of the integrated product/TA value proposition. This Senior Marketing Manager will focus on Venclexta in AML and report to the Venclexta Marketing Director.
Genentech co-commercializes VENCLEXTA in the United States with Abbvie. This Senior Marketing Manager will play an essential role in our partnership with Abbvie. In order to achieve goals, this Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring strong alignment between both organizations and for developing and maintaining productive and professional relationships with Abbvie counterparts.
- Supports the development and execution of the product/TA value proposition, customer positioning, and the end-to-end customer experience.
- Responsible for optimizing all marketing materials, including branding, messaging, and channel mix for target customers. Creates new materials when necessary to address a customer need.
- Uses and commissions appropriate marketing research needed to drive the product's overall market positioning and to inform the optimal end-to end customer experience
- Identifies and works regularly with internal network partners and external resources to deliver product marketing activities.
- Responsible for ensuring a seamless, well-integrated product message and position across multiple marketing platforms.
- Accountable for high quality, compliant execution across all marketing platforms and customer types (e.g. patients, providers, organized customers)
- Prioritizes and creates personal messages and resources for field-based channels in coordination with non-personal messages and resources
- Monitors marketing activity usage, performance, and customer satisfaction to optimize campaigns and drive customer and business outcomes
- Partners with the Promotional Review Committee (PRC), including Legal and Regulatory, to ensure development, approval, and pull-through of compliant and effective promotional tactics
- Leads and/or participates in flexibly deployed work teams across the CMG network, contributing novel ideas or approaches based on their areas of expertise
- Works autonomously to make decisions and act, in close alignment with the full product value proposition, customer positioning, and Squad priorities
Skills and Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of brand marketing to include positioning, branding, campaign development and channel mix
- Knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem including health economics, policy and the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of each critical customer type (e.g. patients, providers, organized customers) as well as their experiences and their needs end-to end
- Ability to think with an enterprise mindset
- Ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across the CMG network
- Breadth of experience in product/therapeutic area, access marketing and multichannel marketing
- Ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing ransformational change
- Strong customer orientation and focus
- Strong analytical skills to effectively utilize research and behavioral data to shape strategies and tactics
- Strong agency management skills
- Ability to translate strategic direction into action plan for self, and make progress in the face of ambiguity
- Good judgment in recognizing the distinction between "good enough" and perfection
- Embraces change, embodies a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplifies agile principles in day-to-day activities
- Relocation assistance being offered
- MBA or other related graduate level degree preferred
- Experience in the managed care, pharmaceutical or biotech industry/pharmaceutical or biotech field sales
- Marketing experience in other relevant industries
- Experience in creating marketing strategies, plans and tactics that have strengthened market positioning and driven high-value customer and business outcomes
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page