Executive / senior industry position
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Senior Marketing Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. The North American Commercial team is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well-recognized and respected products in the industry and work diligently to build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
This role will support the commercialization efforts for ENHERTU (fam-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan-nxki or DS-8201), a HER2 targeting antibody drug conjugate (ADC) and new treatment option for adults with HER2+ unresectable or metastatic breast cancer who have received two or more prior anti-HER2 breast cancer treatments.
Main Duties/Responsibilities: The Senior Marketing Manager for ENHERTU will be responsible for the implementation of the promotional brand plan as it relates to scientific congresses, speaker programs and other promotional tactics and initiatives. This position will report directly into the US Head of Marketing and will work in close partnership with other members of the cross-functional team and our partner Daiichi Sankyo. This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the strategic alignment of franchise-specific and cross-functional booth strategy, execution, and budget management
- Collaborate with US Oncology Congress/Cross-franchise teams for the identification and implementation of enterprise wide solutions to optimize AZ’s planning and execution of congresses and scientific engagements
- Serve as the ADC franchise liaison for cross-franchise congresses and effectively represent the brand’s position, strategy, investment and collaboration needs
- Collaborate with the field teams for locally led congresses and symposiums
- Serve as AZ lead for ENHERTU Speaker Programming
- Ensure programs can be executed by liaising with Speaker Program Services
- Manage speaker program utilization, including budgeting and phasing
- Support field speaker programming execution, metrics creation, tracking, and incentive management
- Responsible for overall management of branded and unbranded disease materials (ex. PowerPoint assets, invites, etc.).
- Responsible for collaboration with internal and collaboration teams on speaker identification, contracting, and training
- Other duties:
- Manage processing of alliance-approved materials for input to AZ’s systems, access, production, and field distribution coordination as needed
- Support business effectiveness, including managing the ENHERTU brand team and cross-functional meetings
- Collaborate closely with cross functional (medical affairs and commercial) teams to strategically identify and prioritize market challenges/barriers and implement new solutions
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Prior in-line marketing experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, pricing or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Great communication and cross functional collaboration skills
- Ability to manage complex projects, budgets, timelines, process and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrix organization
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team
- Previous experience working in a collaboration involving one or more companies
Next Steps - Apply today! To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them. AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.