Executive / senior industry position
The Project Manager is responsible for providing project management leadership to the Scientific Operations group within the Applied Technology function of Waters Corporation.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific projects which have specified deliverables for a large team of analytical scientists.
The primary focus for this position is the drive and facilitation of the collaborative process - developing and maintaining program timelines and work plans with the collaboration owners and project teams. Initiating, tracking milestones and budget spend, and coordinating multiple strands of activity and information that will ensure the team and its projects operate efficiently.
- Define the scope of each project in collaboration with the Scientific Operations management team. Create a detailed work plan that ensures complete coverage of the technical, protocol-specific and operational aspects of assigned Scientific Collaborations
- Collaborate with Scientific Operations managers to revise and improve timeline for facilitating the creation of new project plans, prioritized work portfolios, and assist in creating budgets for the new fiscal year.
- Implement a system for accurately forecasting resource projection/allocation to provide information and intelligence on when resources will become available for projects, and what resources are available immediately
- Work with the Scientific Operations Senior team to establish, develop and manage project budgets, based on relevant deliverables and essential program work, including making projections and encumbrances for known and expected expenses. Work with Collaboration program coordinators and other support staff to ensure that program spending aligns with that strategy. Proactively identify emergent budget issues and work with relevant management to address issues.
- In collaboration with Scientific Operations management team, ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and according to the project plan. When needed, conduct post-project evaluations to identify areas for increased efficiency
- Background in science or analytical chemistry desirable.
- At least 5 years demonstration of success in a similar project management role
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools like Replicon and Planview
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.