Executive / senior industry position
The Economic Consulting Accounting team is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join their team. This person will support revenue recognition and management of client billed and unbilled receivables for the Economic Consulting operating segment, including contract review, coordination with practice leaders managing engagements, calculation of revenue recognition and other valuation adjustments and related general ledger accounting, account reconciliations and monthly reporting, primarily for the North America practices. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of U.S. GAAP and experience with revenue recognition, reporting, and controls. This person will report to the Director of Accounting for the Economic Consulting Segment.
What You’ll Do
Monthly Accounting Close
- Review sales contracts/letters of engagement to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Analyze and understand various products/business and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and proper setup in the system.
- Monitoring of engagements with fixed fees, fee caps or multiple element fee arrangements, including revenue adjustment journal entries as needed. Develop controlled procedures as needed to ensure that data is collected appropriately to ensure that % completion or fixed fee engagements are appropriately measured.
- Review revenue adjustments made by other operating segments related to work performed by Econ consultants on other segment engagements.
- Assist in researching, analyzing, interpreting new accounting pronouncements and assist in implementing required changes in the financial closing process.
- Monitor and investigate significant billable Outside Contractor activity to ensure all related revenue and cost are recorded in the appropriate period.
- Month end closing of revenue and expense ledgers adhering to closing schedules: prepare revenue journal entries.
- Assist in adopting and implementing new revenue recognition policies under the new revenue recognition standards ASC 606.
- Create and analyze revenue related reports.
- Participate in development and documentation of revenue-related policies and procedures.
- Coordinate monthly distribution of aged billed and unbilled receivable balances to all Managers of Practice support and CL Finance & Ops team and evaluate feedback for required adjustments in the monthly closing cycle.
- Recording and reconciliation of all valuation reserves, including adjustment for in-period write off or collection.
- Support preparation of monthly reporting package analyzing DSO statistics, bad debt expense and support for valuation reserves.
Other Monthly Accounting Activity:
- Identify process issues and implement improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Support and improve month, quarter, and year-end close processes and reporting.
- Prepare and post other monthly journal entries including, reserves, bad debt, etc.
- Maintain journal entry tracking spreadsheet. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for related accounts.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by the Director.
- BS/BA in Accounting. Minimum 3 plus years overall experience: Experience in revenue recognition preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate required.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC and network environments and advanced knowledge of Excel required; experience with IBM Cognos TM1 or similar reporting software preferred.
- Strong and practical working knowledge of US GAAP accounting, including revenue recognition principles and exposure to foreign currency transactions.
- Ability to research and apply ASC Topic 606.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and able to manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Customer service focused.
- Experience working with both domestic and international operating units preferred.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
Executive / senior industry position
FTI Consulting 16701 Melford Blvd Suite 200
MD 20715 Bowie , United States