Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are searching for a talented and self-motivated scientist to join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team. The individual will act as a technical lead and primary point of contact on gene therapy purification processes.
- Lead development of pivotal downstream unit operations towards building platform downstream process for lentiviral vector and recombinant adeno-associated viral vector
- Design and execute process development studies applying scientific / engineering principles
- Develop and test hypotheses to improve process understanding
- Support scale up and technology transfer to manufacturing
- Prepare internally reviewed technical reports, internal and external publications, and oral presentations
- Work cross-functionally to perform technical evaluation and support Milliporesigma’s innovation in gene therapy processing space
Who You Are
- Degree in a scientific/engineering discipline (chemical/biochemical engineering, or equivalent)
- Ph.D with minimum 1 year, M.S with minimum 4 years, B.S with minimum 7 years of experience required, preferably in biomolecule purification process development and/or manufacturing
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with chromatography and filtration
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and innovative solutions with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Experience in laboratory research and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with lentiviral vector or recombinant adeno-associated viral vector manufacturing
- Familiarity with cGMP and pilot / large scale processing
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis, such as design of experiments. Experience with statistical analysis software (e.g., JMP or Minitab)
- Experience in supervising, mentoring, or managing research associates
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.