Executive / senior industry position
The Senior Strategy Manager will support strategy development and execution for the Applied Solutions Business Unit of Millipore Sigma, the Life Science sector of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany. In this role, you will collaborate with key business stakeholders within your focus areas, and across the organization, to help support/drive strategy development activities and strategic projects/initiatives. Along with strategic planning, you will drive strategy execution/tracking, incl. project management activities, and select analytical dashboarding & deep-dive activities, focused on generating both internal performance and market insights for the Applied business.
In this role, you will be a critical contributor to strategic decision-making within the Applied Solutions Business Unit.
- Strategy development: driving the holistic strategy development process for Millipore Sigma's Applied Solutions business unit; Supporting the assigned customer segments and Business Fields toward building their strategies, incl. preparing management presentations and designing/driving strategic projects; acting as key thought-partner with business stakeholders; designing and executing select strategic projects incl. analytical deep-dives; preparing strategy presentations for upper management
- Strategy execution: tracking execution of strategic priorities/initiatives, incl. project management and reporting
- Business analytics: supporting critical business dashboarding activities and analytical deep-dives in support of strategic decision-making; Analyzing internal data (sales, web metrics, operational KPIs, other) to identify performance trends & opportunities, and to inform strategic direction
- Market insights: driving development of the holistic Applied market model, incl. customer segment and geographic trends; Leveraging secondary sources and interfacing with primary market research colleagues & to analyze market trends, to identify potential opportunities
- 4+ years of strategy development experience, in management consulting or similar role
- Experience designing and driving complex, multi-stakeholder projects within a matrix organization
- Experience partnering with, presenting to, and influencing upper management audiences
- Previous direct people management experience an asset
- Excellent Excel & PPT skills; other analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau) or ERP systems a plus
- Existing in-depth knowledge of life science tools market preferred
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.