Share this Job
Company: Evonik Industries AG
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
Function: Production & Technology
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Safely and accurately performs duties necessary for loading and unloading trucks and railcars, along with rail shifting of rail cars. Accurately completes invoice documentation and ability to schedule trucks and rail cars. Works closely with other departments to maintain on-time ship dates. Work with various site functional groups to identify and implement changes, which result in improved operating efficiencies and recognizable cost savings. Support plant and organizational ESH&Q initiatives and plans. Follow all procedures and work instructions that apply to the job tasks as well as posted instructions, signs and placards.
- Safely and accurately unload raw materials from trucks and / or rail cars.
- Takes ownership in overall process management and coordination, reporting, management interaction and provides leadership.
- Provide direct support in shipping, receiving, raw material offloading development and leadership of continuous improvements in these operations.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of plant processes and systems for safely and accurately unloading raw materials. Keep up to date with new and improved process methodologies.
- Work with available resources to develop improvements to our shipping, receiving, and manufacturing process. Optimize existing processes, plus evaluate and implement alternative improved technologies.
- Responsible for ensuring proper operation of process equipment, troubleshooting the system, routine and preventative equipment maintenance, and cleaning the process equipment and area.
- Accurately performs cycle counts and physical inventories with documentation and records in a neat, accurate and systematic manner.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to improve safety, environmental compliance, quality, costs, housekeeping, and employee commitment.
- Maintain focus on execution of key priorities within a broad range of demands and responsibilities. Ensure timely communication occurs among and across departments
- All other duties as assigned in any area of the warehouse and plant.
- Fork truck license required and must acquire rail shifter license after training.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of SAP.
- Good communications skills and must be a team player.
- Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently and perform in a fast pace environment.
- Well-organized, possess strong skills in planning, analysis, and creativity.
- Be able and willing to work in a production environment where heat, cold, dust and discomfort are common. Be willing to work flexible schedule and overtime (nights and/or weekends when needed).
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, standing frequently and repetitive motion.
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment, including respirators and hearing protection.
- Experience with pumps, valves and motors preferred.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 125938
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.