Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Special Assistant to the Brigade Commander to support the Office of the Brigade Commander, located at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS.
The Uniformed Services University is the Nation's federal health sciences university and is committed to excellence in military medicine and public health during peace and war. They provide the Nation with health professionals dedicated to career service in the Department of Defense and the United States Public Health Service and with scientists who serve the common good.
USUHS serves the uniformed services and the Nation as an outstanding academic health sciences center with a worldwide perspective for education, research, service and consultation; they are unique in relating these activities to military medicine, disaster medicine and military medical readiness.
- Drafts routine correspondence and type's memoranda, letters, reports, talking papers and other forms of correspondence, as required.
- Files, reproduces and create office correspondence and routes office correspondence as required.
- Arranges appointments, respond to RSVP requests, answers and places telephone calls.
- Manages the Brigade Commander's schedule.
- Coordinate informational meetings and briefings on behalf of the Brigade Commander with USU Senior Leadership and/or other DoD/Federal representatives.
- Opens, sorts, routes, and delivers incoming/outgoing correspondence and messages.
- Reviews and edits correspondence prior to release, submission for signature, or other disposition.
- Submit parking request for visitors visiting a member of the Brigade Command Team. Submit parking request to other DoD/Federal agencies in which the Brigade Commander will visit.
University Brief and Military Orientation Organization:
- Prepare Brigade presentations and provide audio/visual support to Distinguished Visitor briefings in which the brigade Commander will be primary presenter.
- Evaluate: and recommend proposed changes to organizational presentations to audiences in which the Brigade Commander will be the primary briefer to varied levels of University leadership and Department of Defense agency representatives.
- Provide administrative/logistical support for presentations and ceremonies in which the Brigade Commander will be the presiding official, keynote speaker, or honored attendee.
- Organize and maintain documents and records for, to or signed by the Brigade Commander.
- Collect and compile data and statistics for evaluation of historical actions as pertains to meetings/events organized/hosted by the Brigade Commander.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with the ability and experience to integrate necessary program media into a cohesive presentation or document. Knowledge of policies, instructions and directives pertaining to USUHS students, staff and active duty military personnel. Comprehensive knowledge of University objectives, organization, and basic departmental functions. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats with members of higher civilian and military rank. Must have experience in administrative tasks within a military environment. Knowledge of DoD regulations, policies, instructions, and directive. Knowledge of DoD records management regulations
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associate's degree.
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of experience.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.